INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disk location view is empty when library server is accessed remotely  (Read 2343 times)

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

MC12 - 93
When I access library server and choose "Disk location" view it shows something like
mp01p://10.10.1.56:80/c:
However it is empty and if I click on it I can not see anything. However if I click on "Disk location" node
itself it shows me my files.
Also it shows correctly all files in Artist/Album view.
Best
Alex

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disk location view is empty when library server is accessed remotely
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:48:02 pm »

There seem to be some odd issue with "file location" information being reported over Media Server at the moment.  Note the following problem that I reported in the build 93 thread (I think that this may be related to the issue you're seeing):

Bug Report: "Filename (path)" and "Filename (name)" fields have problems over Media Server:

When using Media Server, when I highlight any file, the "Filename (path)" field is blank and the "Filename (name)" field shows the ENTIRE path and filename (it should be just the file's "name"), and the path is from the SERVER, not the client (i.e. the path that you would see if you were using the server.)  If I click on either of these field (which opens the edit box) and then immediately close the box again without making any changes, BOTH fields change.  The "Filename (name)" field is now correct, but the "path" field now shows the server's path to the file (which is of course not correct since this is the client.)

If I highlight a different song and come back, the name and path fields are still correct, BUT the "blue note" icon is now replaced with a little "exploding 'X'" icon which I'm assuming is the new "missing file" icon.  At this point, I can no longer play these files -- MC acts as if they're no longer present.

If I re-load the library, everything starts over again and I can once again play the files, but the fields are once again incorrect.

Larry

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:21:53 am »

Can anybody confirm that problem. I checked in MC12 build 99 and it's still present.
Thanks

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:33:36 am »

Can anybody confirm that problem. I checked in MC12 build 99 and it's still present.
Thanks

There seem to be some issues with "path" information when viewing over Media Server, but I am unclear exactly what you're describing here.  Could you give more details?

Thanks,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:09:51 am »

When connected to Media Server, filenames are changed to point to the server.  This is expected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:30:03 pm »

Matt,
There are NO files in the tree. I see
m01p://10.10.1.51/C:  (library is on 10.10.1.51)

When I open the tree it is empty. If I click on m01p://10.10.1.51/C: it shows all files on the right but tree is still empty.
I know how it worked before (I've been using MC in this configuration  for couple of years) and it looks like bug to me.
Alex

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 12:50:36 pm »

What did it used to show?  MC 11 also appends a m01p://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ to the front of the filename.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:57:20 pm »

It showed the tree of files located on remote server. Otherwise this "Disk location" would be useless, wouldn't it? Currently it is useless since no single file is shown under "Disk location" with or without prefix.
I can try to get a screen shot from MC11 if needed.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 03:33:30 pm »

When connected to Media Server, filenames are changed to point to the server.  This is expected.

Matt,

The problem is that this is NOT happening with the Filename(name) and Filename(path) fields.  On the client, the "path" field is BLANK, and the "name" field does NOT point to the server -- it still shows the path from the server.  When you click on the fields, they update to show the correct info (i.e. they point to the server) but at this point, MC on the client stops seeing the files completely.

Please take a look at these fields on a Media Server client, because I think that you might not be aware that there is a problem in this regard.  I've reported this several times, but based on your response above it seems like you think it's working correctly even though it really is not.

Note that the "Filename" field (not the "path" or "name" fields) is correct.

Thanks,

Larry

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 11:26:52 am »

Matt, where can I upload images so you can see for yourself that it is a problem?
Thx

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:49:40 pm »

As of MC12.0.102 the issue is fixed.
Thanks you.
However, I didn't see it mentioned in the list of fixes for any of last releases.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 01:32:54 am »

As of MC12.0.102 the issue is fixed.
Thanks you.
However, I didn't see it mentioned in the list of fixes for any of last releases.

I believe that the following change may have been what fixed the issue you were describing:

From build 101:
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.

The issues I mentioned above (i.e. the issues with the "Filename(path)" and "Filename(name)" fields) are fixed now as well.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up