INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will We be able to Output to an external Player  (Read 1382 times)

Scarpad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Will We be able to Output to an external Player
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:06:26 am »

One of the features that I cannot seem to find is the ability to output to an external player. I find in most instances Theatertek for DVD's and The Divx 6.4 player yield a nice image than the Built in Directx player. Any chance of a spec that let's us do that?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will We be able to Output to an external Player
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:08:04 am »

Do you realize that you can use the 'send to: external' feature to do this (a right-click option)?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:25:09 am »

MC's video output quality is depended on the installed DirectShow video decoder codecs and filters.

The "built in Directx player" is practically only an interface for using these codecs. MC12 provides new options for selecting how the codecs are used.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Scarpad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 02:00:35 pm »

Do you realize that you can use the 'send to: external' feature to do this (a right-click option)?

No I didn't thanks alot !

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »

MC's video output quality is depended on the installed DirectShow video decoder codecs and filters.

The "built in Directx player" is practically only an interface for using these codecs. MC12 provides new options for selecting how the codecs are used.

As is the DivX Player.  They are both DirectX (DirectShow technically) players.  The DivX player is just customized to force the Filter chain to use the DivX codec.  If you like the DivX decoder for some reason, you could certainly change the DirectShow options to use it instead of whatever other filter it's using.

Of course, generally libavcodec (FFDSHOW) is considered to have higher quality than the DivX decoder, so I'm not sure why you'd want to do such a thing.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up