INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Western Digital 500GB My Book good price?  (Read 1890 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Western Digital 500GB My Book good price?
« on: October 12, 2006, 02:11:49 pm »

I happen to have $200 in 2 gift cards for Staples and need another 500GB drive.  I'm not sure if Staples runs good prices very often but does anyone remember if they've had a good price on this drive in the past and/or if they are likely to do so coming up?  I may have to wait until the day after thanksgiving--but I'd really like the drive now.  I'm out of backup space.

Better yet, I wish that those sites that list the best price on items from lots of stores would have graphs of the price of products from various stores over time.  This would tell me exactly what I need to know!

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Western Digital 500GB My Book good price?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:43:22 pm »

I haven't shopped for this drive, but I think BestBuy had it for $200 at the end of August.  Not sure if Staples has advertised it on sale.

For the week starting 10/15/06, Best Buy has the Essential 500GB for $229.  Staples is pretty good about price matching, so if you can bring in the Best Buy ad to Staples, they should match the price and you can use up your gift cards.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Western Digital 500GB My Book good price?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:17:31 pm »

That is a GREAT idea.  I did get two at that $200 price PLUS I used two 12% off coupons--so I got an amazing deal.  I could price match at Staples for $230 and end up paying about $40.  That is still a bit high because I'd rather pay about nothing.  That's a great idea and I will definitely consider it.  If only they could price match with a little extra discount.  Maybe I have another coupon I could use at the same time...hmm.  Thanks for the idea!
Pages: [1]   Go Up