INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duration when ripping/burining  (Read 1165 times)

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
Duration when ripping/burining
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:10:59 pm »

I'm operating on the lastest version of MC11.  I have ripped CDs and the last track seems to have a duration time of >55 minutes.

When I attempted to burn a CD for a friend, the last track had a duration of over 1 hour, so of course it couldn't be burnt.  Since it was the best track, I cursed and pulled up Interact.

I have reinstalled and reinitialized.  My machine is in good order. 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Duration when ripping/burining
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:17:10 pm »

What is the correct duration? Does MC still play the file fine? What is the file format? Do you have many incorrect last tracks or did this happen only with one CD? Is this/are these CD(s) anyhow special? (e.g. copyprotected, enhanced etc)

If this is caused by corrupted library data you could try the "Update Library (from tags)" tool. If the file itself is corrupted somehow you could try to rerip the file.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Duration when ripping/burining
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:11:30 am »

What is the correct duration? Does MC still play the file fine? What is the file format? Do you have many incorrect last tracks or did this happen only with one CD? Is this/are these CD(s) anyhow special? (e.g. copyprotected, enhanced etc)

I have 5 incorrect last tracks, coming from separate and unremarkable CDs.  The last was from Tony Bennett's latest album. I have never used the Update Library from Tags.  I'll look it up and hope I can adjust the duration for that track and the others.  The tracks play on the computer, probably because they aren't up against a memory barrier, as I try to keep the Ipod filled up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up