INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive?  (Read 1677 times)

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive?
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:06:21 pm »

Anyone using Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive with MC 11? I run my "Media Centre" on an older pc with no DVD drive.  I was thinking perhaps this would eliminate some of the headaches associated with trying to play dvd's from the hard drive and utilizing Theatre View.

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 11:42:00 pm »

Should work fine with any virtual drive.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:41:13 am »

Hw did you get on with this?
I use Clone DVD and daemon tools to backup the Kids DVD's to the server. I then write Daemon scripts to virtually mount the DVD image and play it on the PC's in there rooms.

I would love to be able to add .iso DVD images to MC and click on the movie, have it mount the image and start playing the movie.

It is easier to keep the DVD's as iso images as I can easily make a copy for them and keep the real one safe from damage. Also makes it easy to make a divx compilation DVD for use on the road, again without carrying all the DVD's and have them cook in the car or get stolen/lost etc.

I found a program that allows MCE2005 to use DVD images, would be nice to see a colaboration between Daemon tools and JRiver

http://www.mymovies.name/

StarBand Guy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:12:21 pm »

Yeah, it works. However, I found it easier just to use their ripper to make avi's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up