INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loose threads?  (Read 1368 times)

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
loose threads?
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:36:39 am »

This question will apply to 11 or 12, although now I'm primarily working with 12. 

When I run one of my plugins that tags the entire library in a loop, but leave the plugin before the loop is completed, the rest of the library gets ignored.  My question is, does a plugin get unloaded when it loses focus (i.e. you change the view to something else like clicking on the Audio button)?  If so, can I place code in my Unload function that will hold off until my processing is complete?  Ultimately, I want to set my plugin off tagging the whole library, but be able to view other things or do other tasks while it completes this.  I can't do that if the plugin gets terminated when it loses focus.  Any suggestions?

Also, can we make Plugins that interact directly with MC12?  I want to add my plugin to right click menus.
-Tano

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: loose threads?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:27:54 pm »

This question will apply to 11 or 12, although now I'm primarily working with 12. 

When I run one of my plugins that tags the entire library in a loop, but leave the plugin before the loop is completed, the rest of the library gets ignored.  My question is, does a plugin get unloaded when it loses focus (i.e. you change the view to something else like clicking on the Audio button)?  If so, can I place code in my Unload function that will hold off until my processing is complete?  Ultimately, I want to set my plugin off tagging the whole library, but be able to view other things or do other tasks while it completes this.  I can't do that if the plugin gets terminated when it loses focus.  Any suggestions?

There is two modes a plugin may take, one it may be loaded and unloaded every time the user opens it, moves away from it, or two it can open when MC opens.

I'm petitioning for a 3rd mode which will allow a plugin to remain open once opened, but
is not opened when MC is opened for performance reasons.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36572.0
I just need more developers to keep poking JRiver  ;)

Take a look here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31242.msg214845#msg214845

Also, can we make Plugins that interact directly with MC12?  I want to add my plugin to right click menus.
-Tano
Sadly not, although you could add a command line to the "Send To" menu
You can also use 'out of proc' to then connect directly to MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up