INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View: navigating a list with only one item  (Read 1129 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View: navigating a list with only one item
« on: October 22, 2006, 08:42:27 am »

Matt on September 28, 2006, 02:04:49 PM
Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level.

I think this change was first introduced back in build 80. Originally, I thought it was neither here nor there but I'm at a point now where I must admit, it's causing me some confusion.

A few people have already complained about this with respect to Audio view schemes but where I'm finding it a little more frustrating is with my Theater View Image view schemes.

Consider a basic view scheme with the following navigational hierarchy:

Home->Images->2003->Birthdays->Dave's 30th->{Files}

In this example, if "Dave's 30th" is the only item under "Birthdays" for the given Year (2003 in this case), Theater View will jump straight from the "Brithdays" level  to "Files". I'm no longer able to tell who's birthday snaps are actually being listed. Smarter file names may help but (a) I often don't rename image filenames as it's very tedious and (b) even then, there's no longer any context behind what is being listed.

I think at a minimum, "Dave's 30th" (ie, whatever list item is skipped) should appear in the breakcrumbs area at the top of the screen.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View: navigating a list with only one item
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:14:47 pm »

I agree with this.  I don't care for the "skipping" behavior.  When I click on an artist, I prefer to see the album category even if there is only one entry.  I don't like to click an artist and see a list of songs rather than an album.

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:37:35 am »

I agree with this.  I don't care for the "skipping" behavior.  When I click on an artist, I prefer to see the album category even if there is only one entry.  I don't like to click an artist and see a list of songs rather than an album.

Larry

Yeah, and as I said in my first post, if the change absolutely has to remain, a fair compromise could be to simply list the skipped item in the breadcrumbs area at the top of the screen. At least then the user can see what the list relates to.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:51:13 am »

Personally, I really appreciate the skipping behavior. It makes it a lot easier to get down to the file level at times.

But I agree that Theater View should still show you every level in the breadcrumbs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up