INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.99  (Read 4803 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.99
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120099.exe

History

12.0.99 (10/23/06)

1. Fixed: Playback of http:// images could cause a crash. (also applies to Google Images)
2. Changed: Google Images "Show webpage" option works better.
3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.
4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.
5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.
6. Fixed: During background thumbnail building, the status message (with cancel button) could fight with the main UI.
7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.
8. Fixed: Theater View could hang when viewing TV or CD files.
9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.
10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.
11. Changed: Column headers for fields with an ampersand (&) in the name wouldn't draw properly.
12. Fixed: When playing streams, failure to open temporary files may cause problems.

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.99
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:28 pm »

3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.

Great!

9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.

This is a nice improvement. Thanks.

10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.

Fixed!

Small issue: Thumbnails in Theater View are no longer randomizing (per run) in this build.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »

I think this may be a new bug:

Using Navigation "Favorites" interferes with the auto-collapsing behavior of the tree (i.e. the tree does not auto-collapse when favorites are used to navigate.)

For example, if I navigate to the Audible Store via the "Services and Plug-ins" branch, when I then click "Audio," the "Services and Plug-ins" branch collapses.  If, however, I use my Navigation Favorites list to access the Audible Store, when I click on "Audio," the "Services and Plug-ins" branch stays expanded.  This is the same for "Audible Titles."

This means that when I use my "Favorites" to navigate, I have to keep manually collapsing the tree, which is annoying.  The auto-collapse behavior should not change just because I used one of my "Favorite" shortcuts.

Thanks,

Larry

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:41 pm »

Library server problem (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36547.msg249610#msg249610) is fixed for me.

I thought I posted another Library Server problem but cannot find the post. 

When playing images on the Client and you set a caption, say a basic [Name], you get garbage in the field.  Well, not exactly garbage, but it is the File Name with a bunch of special characters.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:00:33 pm »

Just a side note, but you might want to consider using caps for the "Shout" in Shoutcast since this is the format the site always uses.  In other words, make it "SHOUTcast" instead of "Shoutcast."  This would make it look the way it always looks on the actual site, and would therefore be more familiar to people who use it.

Larry

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 08:22:59 pm »

The tagging bug that I reported for the last version continues to be a significant problem and has result in several of my tags to be inadvertently changed.  Again, if any of the tagging fields in the AW are left open when clicking on a different file, that later file assumes the same tag value of the corresponding field of the previous file.  I posted images which hopefully better explains the problem in the 12.0.98 thread.  The only way to avoid this behavior is to click in a blank part of the screen before clicking on a different file.

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:42:54 pm »

Just want to post this here because it does involve MC12; I am posting to the Agnitum forums as well.

Using Windows x64 and the x64 Agnitum Outpost Firewall. When JRthumb.exe loads (when I was entering Video and thumbs needed building), Outpost would report an error, terminate, and my internet connection was killed until a reboot.

Also, I could not playback any WMA or WMV files in MC while Outpost was running.

MC was a "trusted application" in Outpost and I could not find any other settings that resulted in a cure for these occurences; I disabled the Outpost realtime spyware protection as well.

Most likely Outpost issuse here but thought it strange that MC was being so adversly affected; especially the WMA stuff.

DC

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 09:01:54 pm »

The tagging bug that I reported for the last version continues to be a significant problem and has result in several of my tags to be inadvertently changed.  Again, if any of the tagging fields in the AW are left open when clicking on a different file, that later file assumes the same tag value of the corresponding field of the previous file.  I posted images which hopefully better explains the problem in the 12.0.98 thread.  The only way to avoid this behavior is to click in a blank part of the screen before clicking on a different file.

I agree that this can be a real problem.  I thought the pictures you posted explained the issue clearly, and I have confirmed the behavior.  Another workaround is to click "enter" after editing the tag, but I agree that it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 09:10:33 pm »

SHOUTcast "AAC+" streams are not playing in MC.  There is a long pause, after which you get a message saying that the file could not be played.

Thanks,

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 09:23:21 pm »

I couldn't reproduce.  Can anyone else give some more hints?

Thanks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:06:56 pm »

I couldn't reproduce.  Can anyone else give some more hints?

Thanks.

I confimed this behavior earlier tonight, but when I went to post step by step instructions on how to reproduce this issue, it no longer happened.  I can't think of anything that is different now, but when I go through what I believe to be the same steps, everything seems to work fine now.

I'll post again if I can figure out what changed.

Larry

matshif

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 11:50:10 pm »

Thank you Matt,
Now I can play my CD's and DVD's in Theater View. :D
Mats

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 01:06:24 am »

I have no image when first starting TV from Teather View. I can hear sound but have no image (either in Playing Now or in the small view) until I go full screen or standard view. When I return from full screen or standard view, the problem is gone. (So it's really a "TV startup in Teather View")
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 02:49:43 am »

I'm still seeing these issues:

1)  Audible files that used to display art no longer do (even though the "Image" window indicates that art is embedded "inside file.")

2)   mp4 (and log) files do not display any art on the client over Media Server even though the art DOES display on the server.

3)  log files cannot be opened via the library on the client over Media Server -- nothing happens when I try.  The same files CAN be opened on the server, and they can be opened on the client when navigating to them via "Drives and Devices."

4)  Clicking on "Filename(path)" or "Filename(name)" on the Media Server client cause MC to completely stop seeing the file until the library is re-loaded.

Thanks,

Larry

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 04:10:59 am »

iTunes files that are transfered using MC won't play on iPod although they play if iTunes transfers them.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 05:29:25 am »

Tag Window not resizing when compacting tree.

When the TW is expanded while the tree is somewhat expanded, it is shorter than it otherwise would be.  If the TW is left open while the tree is collapsed, however, the TW remains short even though it now has more room.  The only way to get the TW to utilize the extra room is to close it and open it again.  The TW should automatically expand vertically when the tree is collapsed.

Larry

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 06:08:01 am »

I'm seeing the weird tagging issue as well.

I was in tagging mode in a details view, typed some text, next thing the highlight jumps up the page to a random track and substitutes that tracks field with what I was editing.

Very disconcerting...If you don't notice it, you end up wiping the target track's real info...

Cheers
Rob

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 06:25:59 am »

7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.

I tried this quickly and it seems that the cue track filename extensions are now generated correctly and playback works.

Looks like it is still not possible to use "right-click > Import" in Playing Now after dragging a new cue file to PN. The cue tracks stay unimported after running the command.

However, it is possible to further "drag and drop" cue tracks from PN to the Audio category in the tree and make them imported. Another possibility is to create a new playlist of the tracks. Also this changes the status to imported. So importing inside MC is possible, but not by right-clicking in Playing Now.

Otto seems to be unaware of the special nature of cue tracks. If the "maintaining functions" are allowed Auto-Import pulls tags from the audio source file and automatically replaces the correct info with this repeated data.

Finally,

Cue tracks can be converted to separate track files. This is a nice feature if you have a long audio file with cue based track info (e.g. radio show/live/vinyl recording) and you would like to split it to track files for e.g. a portable player.

However the track info data does not follow. MC cannot pull tag info from library data and apply the info to the converted files. Because MC can do this when standard wave track files are converted I guess you would just need to activate the same switch when cue tracks are converted.

I thought that I could use the "update database" conversion option as a workaround. The library info could be physically applied to the converted files later and the "source file name (1), source file name (2), etc" filenames could be fixed to be more descriptive.

As a test I converted a bunch of cue tracks to track files with "update database" enabled but after this conversion the library data was still linked with the old filename and format info. Obviously this does not work with cue tracks as it should.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Marty3d

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 06:35:05 am »

4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.

Thank you!!

dcwebman

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 06:55:23 am »

Ctrl+A in Lyrics window should select all text.

--------------

Songs with no cover art show the "Image (small thumbnail)" column just like the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 09:25:54 am »

So I have a view scheme, Album Artist (auto)\Album

I have sorting  at every level of the view scheme defined as:

Album Artist (auto)
Date
Album
Track #
Name

I navigate to an Artist, ie Rammstein. I want to listen to every one of their albums, in chronological order, which is how I have it defined above. So I hover my mouse under Rammstein until the menu appears, and then I click Play.

MC plays them all alphabetically by album name, and then by Track #. In order to do what I want, I need to navigate one more level down, so MC is listing all of their albums, then select them all, then right click and choose Play. Shouldn't it honor the sort settings I have set throughout that entire View Scheme when sending files to Playing Now?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 09:45:27 am »

Songs with no cover art show the "Image (small thumbnail)" column just like the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.

This is by design.  That way, when showing only "small thumbnail" (the default), you still get useful information for files without art.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 10:01:27 am »

So I have a view scheme, Album Artist (auto)\Album

I have sorting  at every level of the view scheme defined as:

Album Artist (auto)
Date
Album
Track #
Name

I navigate to an Artist, ie Rammstein. I want to listen to every one of their albums, in chronological order, which is how I have it defined above. So I hover my mouse under Rammstein until the menu appears, and then I click Play.

MC plays them all alphabetically by album name, and then by Track #. In order to do what I want, I need to navigate one more level down, so MC is listing all of their albums, then select them all, then right click and choose Play. Shouldn't it honor the sort settings I have set throughout that entire View Scheme when sending files to Playing Now?

Customize the files list at the bottom of the view.

You can sort groupings one way (default is by name) and the files inside the groupings another way.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 10:39:00 am »

Customize the files list at the bottom of the view.

You can sort groupings one way (default is by name) and the files inside the groupings another way.

D'oh!

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 03:59:44 pm »

5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.

Thanks for fixing. It's better now but still delivers wrong results. For me, it looks like you still do translations but don't show them anylonger. I haven't identified the reason why but maybe you know why I get two different results with english and german.

With "rename files using file properties" I organize my folder structure using the following expression:

IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Vocal,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Style],Comedy,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album,0),03 Audiobooks\Comedy\,03 Audiobooks\Comedy\[Artist]\[Album]),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album]),IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Audiobook,0),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album],IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Group],Unknown 24 Group),02 Tracks\1 by Genre\[Genre],02 Tracks\2 by Group\[Group]),IF(ISEQUAL([Mix Album],Unknown Mix Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Complete Album],Unknown Complete Album),04 Incomplete Albums\[Artist]\[Album],01 Albums\[Artist]\[Album]),01 Albums\_Mix Albums\[Album]))))

(I know it looks horrible but does a great job)

The result in english language is:

\01 Albums\Muse\Black Holes And Revelations\...

The result in german language is:

01 Albums\_Mix Albums\Black Holes And Revelations\...

Can you explain why this happens?

Thx!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:35 pm »

Thanks for fixing. It's better now but still delivers wrong results. For me, it looks like you still do translations but don't show them anylonger. I haven't identified the reason why but maybe you know why I get two different results with english and german.

With "rename files using file properties" I organize my folder structure using the following expression:

IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Vocal,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Style],Comedy,0),IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album,0),03 Audiobooks\Comedy\,03 Audiobooks\Comedy\[Artist]\[Album]),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album]),IF(ISEQUAL([Genre],Audiobook,0),03 Audiobooks\[Artist]\[Album],IF(ISEQUAL([Album],Unknown 04 Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Group],Unknown 24 Group),02 Tracks\1 by Genre\[Genre],02 Tracks\2 by Group\[Group]),IF(ISEQUAL([Mix Album],Unknown Mix Album),IF(ISEQUAL([Complete Album],Unknown Complete Album),04 Incomplete Albums\[Artist]\[Album],01 Albums\[Artist]\[Album]),01 Albums\_Mix Albums\[Album]))))

(I know it looks horrible but does a great job)

The result in english language is:

The result in german language is:

Can you explain why this happens?

Thx!

"Unknown Mix Album" will be the German equivalent when in German.

In the next build, you can do:

IsEqual([Mix Album, 0], 0, 2) : it's not a mix
or
IsEqual([Mix Album, 0], 1, 2) : it's a mix
Pages: [1]   Go Up