INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.100  (Read 4071 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.100
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:55:32 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120100.exe

History

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

1. Changed: Made list-type field range filtering work more like v11.
2. Changed: Theater View stacks were not re-randomized on restart.
3. Changed: When Theater View skips a single item level, it still adds it to the breadcrumbs.
4. Changed: Pressing Ctrl+A while editing lyrics or bios will select all the text.
5. Fixed: The tree and Action Windows wouldn't always renegotiate for space when collapsing a tree item.
6. Fixed: Right-click "Import Into Library" did not work for CUE files.
7. Fixed: DirectShow video playback would not work after MC is started by importing a track from Windows Explorer.
8. Changed: Enumerating devices better handles memory readers with no memory in them.
9. Optimized: Starting the program with a large log file could cause startup to be slower than expected.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash if left idle before connecting.
11. Changed: CUE files work nicer with the auto-import system. (they don't show as new files each import, but instead nicely detect changes, etc.)
12. Fixed: Forward and back keyboard shortcuts would get translated when in Display View. (switching hidden views)
13. Changed: In file renaming expressions, "Unknown Artist" (or similar) is only used when formatting a field for display. (so not when doing [Duration, 0], etc.)

12.0.99 (10/23/06)

1. Fixed: Playback of http:// images could cause a crash. (also applies to Google Images)
2. Changed: Google Images "Show webpage" option works better.
3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.
4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.
5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.
6. Fixed: During background thumbnail building, the status message (with cancel button) could fight with the main UI.
7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.
8. Fixed: Theater View could hang when viewing TV or CD files.
9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.
10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.
11. Changed: Column headers for fields with an ampersand (&) in the name wouldn't draw properly.
12. Fixed: When playing streams, failure to open temporary files may cause problems.

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.100
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 07:29:37 pm »

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

Thank you.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:13:44 pm »

Is it just me or did this latest .100 update break the FLAC plugin?

It seems to still play flac files but it doesn't show FLAC in the auto import options page anymore.

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:30:12 pm »

I can confirm that "FLAC" is missing from file associations, but FLAC still imports correctly and ends up properly in "audio", once imported--and plays.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:42:22 pm »

5. Fixed: The tree and Action Windows wouldn't always renegotiate for space when collapsing a tree item.

Cool.

The edit playing now AW list still does not re-size when adding files to it.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 09:04:12 pm »

2. Changed: Theater View stacks were not re-randomized on restart.

Brilliant, thanks! Hey, any chance of these randomizing every time the view is entered rather than after every new run or would that cause too much overhead? Once theater view is running on my htpc it can go weeks before I need to (or want to) restart it. Would be cool if they randomized more often. No biggie though.

3. Changed: When Theater View skips a single item level, it still adds it to the breadcrumbs.

Again, brilliant! Much better indeed.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:57:31 pm »

Ape/Cue files aren't working.

Imported through restore of MC11.1 where they were fully functional.

They look correct although they are imported 3 seperate times; I have filtered out the extras. See image here: www.catuccio.net/cue.jpg
As you can see, the track info and times are all correct, but playbakc fails.

Removed CD1 & CD2 from the pictured set and tried auto-import (cue is checked), CD1 & CD2 are not re-imported.

Uploading one of thes ape/cue files tonight; available here for testing:

www.catuccio.net/cuetest.ape
www.catuccio.net/cuetest.cue

EDIT - This is getting really strange. As I said earlier, I had filtered out the erroneous cue/ape files. I decided to check those out and it seemed that the new build had corrected the track/tduration errors and those files would play and looked okay. So I switched out all the ape/cue files. A few CDs were still missing and not being imported and then I notcie that all of the files now again have the duration error wherein each track is an entire album length track.

www.catuccio.net/cue2.jpg

The test ape/cue uploaded is the one whose behavior is pictured here.

www.catuccio.net/cue3.jpg

Here is a variation of that behavior (with CD2):

www.catuccio.net/cue4.jpg

Some ape/cue files are imported three times, some twice; I am seeing a mixture of three instances:

1 set of tracks which report same duration (album length); playable.
1 set of tracks with correct durations and track numbers; but unplayable.
(The above scenarios appear for the same CD when foreign characters are used-one CD reports these and the other is a "clean" English version)

Sometimes a CD will have:
1 One ape/cue file which is reported with name as Q:/Audio Archive/Mozart/etc. and duration length of album (not imported for every CD [out of 170CDs])

EDIT2 - Removed all ape/cue files and reimported; now CD1 doesn't have tracks, it is just the cue/ape file:

www.catuccio.net/cue5.jpg

v/r
DC

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:55 pm »

Regarding Shelly's "tagging bug", reported in the v.099 thread, I can reproduce this, more or less.

Selecting a number of files, I right-click, select tag, and within the tag window I select "other tags" and then click my list-type field.  Once I have the list, with check marks, I check my selection and then--WHAT?  Hitting "enter" doesn't appear to save anything or exit out, so I click on a new track to try and force a save, and that's when the former tracks PLUS the new track acquire the list field changes.  If there's a clear way to save out of a list field in tag, I can't find it, and this way forces an inappropriate save, it seems.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »

Bug:

This one is hard to track down, but I think when panes resize themselves, the skin drawing causes items behind the MC skin to show up where the columns used to be.  I only recently noticed this in the last 2-3 builds.

Only restarting MC or switching to a new view and back fixes this.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 10:57:40 pm »

Bug:

OTTO is behaving strange. I've got it monitoring a network share for mp3's, and I have the "Update for external changes" check box option ticked  and the "fix broken links" option set to "yes" but it's not picking up external changes. Eg, if I manually delete a file from the share. If I restart MC or do a manual scan for changes, MC updates itself fine.

This used to work great last time I checked it.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 02:55:16 am »

When switching to some skins, the AW does not resize correcty on my screen and i have to scroll down to see the "Tag" selection. I have to minimize the AW then expand it again for the scroll bars to go away.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 06:29:36 am »

Ape/Cue files aren't working. ...

It's Otto the Caretaker. He is still confused of what he should do with all these cues and mpls.

The corrections in this build make everything (except*) work fine when Auto-Import is not used.

To reproduce the problem:
- Switch Auto-Import off.
- Import a new cue file manually from Explorer or Playing Now.
- Enable Auto-Import with the "Update for external changes" option
- Change a file tag in the main audio source file
- To speed up things do "Run Auto-Import Now".

This makes Otto try to update the cue track info. He pulls file tags and duration info from the audio source file and incorrectly applies this info to each cue track.

Dr. C.,

Try this with a new empty library. Previously accessed files may still be in the "library cache" and show wrong info on import or update.

(*) In MC11.1 I can select the cue tracks and the source audio file (from one album that is in a certain folder) and change the folder path in [Filename (path)]. MC11.1 will then move the source audio file and virtually move the cue tracks (i.e. change the path displayed inside MC).

In MC12 I need to first move the source audio file and then change cue tracks' folder path. If I try to do that at the same time the cue tracks' paths are not changed and MC displays this message:

-- The following is perhaps more a feature request than a bug fix request, but would it be possible to make the converter pull tag info from the library fields when cue tracks are converted? Perhaps you could use the same system that is used when standard wave files are converted as I explained in my previous cue bug report.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gappie

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:48:16 am »

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

thanks a lot!! :-*

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 07:01:27 am »

Just d/l and registered 12.  Nice.  Looks good so far.  All my major stuff seems to be working okay.

Found a strange bug.  I "hid" all of my services except the scheduler.  Then, when I select Scheduler, and hover the mouse over the Scheduler Hover menu, I get a hard crash.

Shuttle running the ATI IGP graphics with one of the latest video drivers, using Noire skin, no effects.  Seems okay on the other Hover menus elsewhere.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 12.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2862 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 132 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

dcwebman

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 07:07:08 am »

4. Changed: Pressing Ctrl+A while editing lyrics or bios will select all the text.

Thanks!

Is this problem going to be addressed? It's obviously a leftover-missed change when the new columns came into effect:
Songs with no cover art show the "Image (small thumbnail)" column just like the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 07:16:17 am »

Is this problem going to be addressed? It's obviously a leftover-missed change when the new columns came into effect:
Songs with no cover art show the "Image (small thumbnail)" column just like the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.

Matt replied to your post in the 0.99 thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36619.msg249863#msg249863

To all, please read the recently closed build threads before posting here if you have not followed them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 07:21:24 am »

Matt replied to your post in the 0.99 thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36619.msg249863#msg249863

Sorry. But then you can't answer in those closed threads.

By design doesn't make sense to me. When the "Image (small icon)" came into existence, I added it as a column next to "Image (small thumbnail)". Hence when there's no cover art I see 2 identical columns. If I have a column called "Image (small thumbnail)", that doesn't sound like I'm going to see an icon too. Sounds like I might as well just remove that alexicon.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 10:00:03 am »

I tried playing a 100KB WAV file when viewing in Windows Exporer. I tried dragging it to Playing Now, right-clicking and selecting Play in Media Center and the various Media Center submenu items. Nothing worked. I am guessing it's because of the size of the file because a larger MP3 worked, but size should not matter. (no comments please  :o)
Jeff

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 10:17:13 am »

Interesting problem I found earlier
This pic was taken of my library on my machine:
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=med1ad7.png

This pic was taken when using Library Server to connect to my machine from a laptop
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mediacentrescreenshotwx6.jpg

If you look at for example the beautiful south, the number of cover arts on the stack of each
one is... well somewhat different!

The same appears when using Theatre View over Library Server.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 11:36:09 am »

10. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash if left idle before connecting.

My MP101 is much more stable now!! MC did not crash till now.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 03:37:24 pm »

I tried playing a 100KB WAV file when viewing in Windows Exporer. I tried dragging it to Playing Now, right-clicking and selecting Play in Media Center and the various Media Center submenu items. Nothing worked. I am guessing it's because of the size of the file because a larger MP3 worked, but size should not matter. (no comments please  :o)

What is the origin of the file? Do you know its technical details? Can you play the file with WMP or some other player?

I have no problems with wave files that contain uncompressed 2-channel, 16-bit, 44.1 kHz PCM audio (= Redbook Audio CD format).

FYI, Microsoft Wave format (.wav) is a container type file format. It can contain audio data in various formats. Probably MC supports only uncompressed PCM audio inside a wave file. More info about the Wave format is e.g. here: http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:47:20 pm »

Sorry. But then you can't answer in those closed threads.

By design doesn't make sense to me. When the "Image (small icon)" came into existence, I added it as a column next to "Image (small thumbnail)". Hence when there's no cover art I see 2 identical columns. If I have a column called "Image (small thumbnail)", that doesn't sound like I'm going to see an icon too. Sounds like I might as well just remove that alexicon.

The "Image (small icon)" column is based on the previous "Alexicons" column, which is a single column showing you either album art, or an icon if no art is present.  It's designed to be used by itself, so that a single column can be used and display "something" for every file -- i.e. for people that liked the previous layout, they can still achieve it with this column.  It really isn't designed to be used along with other image columns.

You might want to try turning off the "small icon" column and instead use the "large icon" column followed by the "small icon" column.  this way, you'll see larger art (unless the album only has one track) followed by the "icon" showing what type of file it is.  I personally find this to be an excellent display, and others reported similar reactions.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up