INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detail Views in Media Center 12  (Read 1327 times)

goodog

• Recent member
Detail Views in Media Center 12
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:25:02 am »

Hi Guys

Despite the fact that I have been using MC since version 10, I haven't really got into what can be done with it and now that we're up to version 12 and I have looked at KingSparta's Data Manager plugin which I'm very impressed with BTW, I would like to ask a possibly very obvious question but please bear with me.

Is there a method, view scheme or plug in available for MC12 that will display the data collected and held in the tags of the MP3's (or whatever) in a seperate window. At the moment I can only access them via comments field etc...

That seems really naive after using this for so long but I haven't really gone into the detail of the application before, i use another app for that sort of thing and, while it's good at what it does, it's just a database really, it's playback is very, very basic and I don't want to have to maintain 2 apps if I can keep all my data on the albums/mp3's on one app tyat will do everything fo rme.

I await your response with anticipation and thanks in advance.

Goodog

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Detail Views in Media Center 12
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:36 am »

You can edit and view tags in a separate window:

Action Window > Tag

Click the top left corner icon for selecting how much info it shows.

The approach is that "Tag" always shows and edits library data. MC keeps the library data synchronized with the file tags as defined in the options. (You can change the "Store In File Tags (when possible)" option separately for each library field in Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Standard/User Library Fields ...)

The Format field in AW > Tag is special. It expands to a new window when clicked. This window can display the physical file tags directly from the file. It is useful for checking the disk file contents.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:11:12 pm »

Is there a method, view scheme or plug in available for MC12 that will display the data collected and held in the tags of the MP3's (or whatever) in a seperate window. At the moment I can only access them via comments field etc...

It sounds to me like what you want is the Track Info display, assuming all you want is to view (not edit) the track data.

Start the music playing and then switch to Playing Now.  In the display area (where the cover art or visualizations show up, not the file list), right click and choose Set Display --> Track Info --> (choose one of them).  There are a few default Track Info plugins included with MC, but you can create your own or download ones that others have created.  One of my favorites is the All I Need Track Info Plugin, which you can download here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35963.0

If you download it, simply unzip it and put the folder in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Visualizations\Track Info\.  For this particular one, it's also good to "enable scrollbars" in the Track Info window.  Simply right click with the Track Info plugin showing and choose Enable Scrollbars.  Then you need to restart MC to see them (or maybe just stop and restart playback, I'm not sure).

Once you find one you like, you can right click on the display area and choose Detach Display.  This will give you the Track Info in a separate, resizable window that you can put wherever you want.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

goodog

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:38:53 pm »

Hi Gylnor

That's exactly what I was after, many thanks for the info.

Thanks also to Alex for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up