INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible bug in the current MC12 version of Library Server?  (Read 980 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Possible bug in the current MC12 version of Library Server?
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:18:05 pm »

I make use of the Library Server to talk to a non-UPnP Philips Streamium, which has always worked great in v11.

But now, trying v12, I found something odd: whilst it works, the Streamium just gets stuck at the end of the track. I can manually advance it onto the next track, but it should obviously do it automatically. It just doesn't seem to ever think the track has quite finished!

I presume either the amount of data it's received doesn't tie up with what it's expecting, or the server just hasn't closed the connection or something.

It sounds VERY similar to what was reported in another thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36693.0

Was there a change in this version of the Library Server vs. the MC11 one that might have caused this?

Can I somehow run the MC11 one under MC12? At least to test it? If so, how?

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: Possible bug in the current MC12 version of Library Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:57:59 pm »

Have you tried switching off the conversion option (as in the other thread?)
Cheers
Rob

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:06:26 am »

The way I'm making use of it, there isn't such an option - it's just coming through unconverted...

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:10 pm »

Hi Rob,

I'm just guessing, but I upgraded the servers to work better with pipelined connections. The server keeps the connection open waiting for the client to send another request, and the client may be waiting for the server to close the connection to signify the end of the file.

This could be caused by a bug in the Streamium, or on our end. If you could help me track it down, get ethereal (www.ethereal.com) and sniff from just before the song starts playing until just after it starts playing (don't do the whole song, the sniff would be huge) and e-mail it to me.

Thanks,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up