INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! Volume control does not work with Waveterminal Sound Card.  (Read 755 times)

Dave Manning

HELP! Volume control does not work with Waveterminal Sound Card.
« on: September 07, 2002, 06:20:50 pm »

If anone can help or advise I would appreciate it.

I am trying to use Media Jukebox with a new Waveterminal 192L sound card. (I does 192k sampling, 2 in 8 out - sounds great!)

Unfortunately, the sound card seems to want to respect the "Wave" volume control/balence not the master "Volume" one. This works fine with MMJB, but not with Media Jukebox.

Is there any way to get Media Jukebox to adjust the Wave volume control rather than the master one? This sound card asside, it seems to make more sense to just adjust the interface you are using rather than all of them.

If anyone has any experience with this card and Media Jukebox I would love to hear it. Media Jukebox is one killer package!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dave

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
RE:HELP! Volume control does not work with Waveterminal Sound Card.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 03:41:00 am »

Problem with MJ controlling only WavOut would be when utilizing another output (SPDIF) I would think...

Makes me wonder if there is not a switch in the drivers...

I am very curious about this card and its clones as it seems like one hell of a card for the money... Do you do DVD stuff with it ?? How does it fare ??
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

DAve Manning

RE:HELP! Volume control does not work with Waveterminal Sound Card.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 08:08:00 am »

The card works very well. (Present problem aside.) The only other problem I have is that it gives out a slight "pop" when starting up.

It seems like the best card for the $$ these days. Sure beets the echo MIA. You can put several of them in a single system as well.

The way the card presents it's Windows MM devices is that it provides a separate device for each stereo pair of outs. (One device for set 1, one for set 2 one for the SPDIF, etc.) As a result each has its own separate volume control.

As I look at how other Jukebox systems work, they adjust both the CD volume and the Wave volume. This has the nice effect of allowing other programs sending through other parts of the mix to continue to work properly.

Can anyone from Media Jukebox comment on using this method for managing the volume control? Perhaps even a switch?

Regards,

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up