INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Display Problem  (Read 1793 times)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Odd Display Problem
« on: October 25, 2006, 05:29:12 pm »

Occasionally at the moment my display seems to go blank.
Then fiddling about with it I generally seem to end up with a pretty appalling bitmap of the really old Media Jukebox logo - the one with the surfboard.
Strangely enough while typing this I tried to do a test of removing cover art to see what it would give me, and it suddenly just showed a random photo from my collection...
I'm using the cover art spectrum visulization, customized to make the bars ultra thin.
MC 12.0.100

On another note, MC doesn't reset the visualization after looking at pictures - it gets set to plain cover art.
.::.

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Odd Display Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:23:35 pm »

With cover art, if its available its displayed. With tracks for which it isnt, default image comes up instead, which is the old surfboard from the MJ days. You can replace default.bmp in the visualizations images folder if you want.

Tab

Tab

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:24:20 pm »

IOW its not a fault but a fallback for when no album pic is present.

Tab

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:14:23 am »

if you're using a cover art enabled vizualisation and good old surfin' jukebox makes an inpromptu appearance...

This usually indicates that you have cover art specified for that file in an external location, and that that file no longer exists in the specified location. Check in the tag window for confirmation.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:21 am »

I didn't think that one was really meant to exist anymore, as usually if there is no cover art the usual media center logo is displayed.  I have cover art for everything stored in tags, but occasionally at the mo it just seems to get confused and then display the jukebox.
Shouldn't the default be the Media Center logo rather than the jukebox? The MC logo looks a lot better, especially when stretched!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:07:18 am »

that's the difference I see here.

All of my art is stored externally. If a file has no art, it will show the default MC logo, but, if the file has art specified in its [image file] tag, and the specified file does not exist in the specified location, it shows surfin' jukebox instead.

I have never seen surfin' jukebox in a vizualisation for any other reason.
My suggestion to you is, that next time you see it, you find that file in your library and use the tag window to investigate its [image file] properties. Don't rely purely on the little thumbnail in the top left of the tag window, click on it to get to the full image file window and see if there are any clues there for you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:13 am »

Unfortunately, no surfin' jukebox art ships with Media Center any longer, so it's coming from someplace else.

I miss the jukebox.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 09:42:58 am »

It is shipping with MC: where Tab said it should be: in the visualizations / Vis Studio / images folder, default.gif.  I've just deleted it and installed the latest version to check, and it's back!

Marko: Tried your suggestion, and it showed proper cover art in the image window while happily displaying surfing jukebox in the main display... ?

Admittedly this is my ever wonderful new Dell laptop which has got worse problems to worry me at the moment such as bluescreening every other time I switch it on, so it's not something that's going to worry me...and now I'm off for the weekend :)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:18:36 pm »

Tiz true, i've got a surfing jukebox there to!  ;D

Tab

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:01 pm »

I assumed default.bmp was still there for the visi studio, as there are mjv visis that use it. And most of the J River visis are from before MC existed. I've used the image in some visis too.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up