INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualizations mixed up  (Read 1200 times)

Lexi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Visualizations mixed up
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:31:51 am »

My Problem is, that I can only check the visualizations Cycle-modes but not the lower categories.

When ever I want to check the Option for "Oscilloscope Classic", "Fire" or "Road" I'm just able to check "cycle oscilloscope". The same with "Planetarium" or "Spectrum Analyzer".

Any help?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Visualizations mixed up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 02:32:38 pm »

You can create your own visualization groups. Just copy your favorite visualizations to one or more custom subfolders in the [MC program path]\Visualizations\Vis Studio\ folder.

A folder named "Custom Group"

shows up like this:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 03:15:50 pm »

You shouldn't need to do that just to play a single vizualisation. It's odd. Try using explorer and browsing to the \Visualizations\Vis Studio folder and have a look.
Each folder you see there represents the "cycle" options you see in MC. There should be several .mjv files directly inside each of those folders.
Give AlexB's suggestion a try while you're in there and then see if you can select a single viz'n from that custom group. If not, I'm stumped.
Stabs in the dark would be along the lines of:
"Have you tried re-installing MC?"
"are you logged on to windows with admin rights?"
and
"have you changed any of the access permissions to your MC folders?"

While we're on the subject...

way, way back, mj8 days IIRC, there was a registry entry that could be tweaked to change the time between 'cycles'. it's not there for latest MC releases, and I've been wondering for a while now if this time is hard coded, or does anyone know of a way to extend it?

im,vh,o I feel the time between cycles is a tad too short atm.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 03:38:58 pm »

The "lower categories" and "or" made me unsure, but I don't understand how the single visualizations would not work if the cycle option worked. I assumed Lexi wanted to cycle only some of the visualizations in a bigger group.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up