INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the defualt behaviour for the "Display Action Window" be when you double click to play a file?

Jump to top of stack, minimising the other action windows
- 0 (0%)
Current behaviour
- 5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Click Display Action Window  (Read 1082 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Double Click Display Action Window
« on: October 30, 2006, 02:32:47 am »

Note: This is only an issue if you have "Jump on play: none" set in options, so that playing now always starts in the display action window (rather than jumping to full screen, etc.)

The Current behaviour is for the display window to appear at the top of the stack only if it isnt already open. Otherwise it just sits there at the bottom of the stack waiting for you to give it focus again.

My preferred behaviour would be for the window to become visible (jump to the top of the stack) every time you double click or hit "Play" on a file. This is especially logical in the Image and Video viewschemes, where it is possible to hit "play" to play photos and movies and then not be able to see them until you force the display window to become visible. "Play" is an action. It shows that you are focussing on a file, and often that focus is through the Display window.

P.S
It would be nice if it also had a little "detach" icon on the window header too, so that you could detach without having to go into a menu.  :)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Double Click Display Action Window
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 03:22:27 am »

It would be nice if it also had a little "detach" icon on the window header too, so that you could detach without having to go into a menu.  :)
I agree with this!

The Current behaviour is for the display window to appear at the top of the stack only if it isnt already open. Otherwise it just sits there at the bottom of the stack waiting for you to give it focus again.
I like the current way :)

If it would be like you want to have it to:
When you are doing some file tagging and you often listen to some of the files you're just tagging by double click them (or hitting return), you always have to minimize the display window if you are using  the AW Tag Panel or (as I always do) the AW File Playlist Panel to do the tagging.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 03:59:42 am »

i preferr the current behavior.
but the little icon would be nice, or even for me even better a shortcut key (ctr + 5?)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:14 am »

Well I guess the majority have spoken then.  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:01:37 am »

The "Display" window become active unless you are in a custom AW page.

This is so that while tagging (for example), you can preview a file without losing your tagging context.

If the first screen of the Action Window is showing, it will be replaced by the display.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up