INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to rip a hidden track  (Read 1463 times)

cjdshaw

How to rip a hidden track
« on: September 07, 2002, 03:10:15 pm »

I've just bought the Lamb album, 'Fear of Fours' and it has a hidden track before track 1. On my CD player, I can start playing track 1, then rewind to -00:02:47 and play the hidden track. Nero shows track 1 as starting at 00:02:47. Does anyone know how I can rip this hidden section?

phelt

RE:How to rip a hidden track
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 03:21:58 pm »

I don't use Nero, but the function you're looking for is "Copy Range" or something similarly named. It allows you to define a range (usually measured in time or frames) of the CD to extract. If Nero doesn't have it, Exact Audio Copy does - it's free. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

cjdshaw

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2002, 04:08:24 pm »

Excellent. Tried it and it worked. Many thanks phelt.

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 04:26:01 pm »

Hidden tracks SUCK!  :)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 03:50:32 am »

OK so how does that show up then ?? track number -1 or is it a track 1 with a really long gap in the middle of two tracks ??

My 2manyDJ's album has a hidden track that they could not get sample clearances for and I skipped it for ripping...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

cjdshaw

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2002, 03:56:01 am »

It doesn't show up as a track at all. Track 1 is listed as starting at 00:02:47 so you can tell EAC to rip a range from 00:00:00 to 00:02:47. Bob's your uncle

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2002, 05:12:47 am »

There have been a few CD's made with a hidden track, usually just a short "secret" message or something. When you create the CD you can set the start of the first track whereever you want, then the user has to use the rewind button on a normal player to listen to it. We could support reading this easily enough, but again it becomes an issue of "ease of use" versus adding advanced, rarely used features....

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

cjdshaw

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2002, 07:35:48 am »

I didn't even know there was a hidden track until a friend told me. Alerting me to the existence of unallocated sectors would be a very handy feature.

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 11:02:11 am »

JohnT
such a fonction does not need to be 'on the front'.
You can put it buried.If someone want to use it,he may seach in help or post it.

Look like hidden tracks are not popular in Europe,i have few cds with 'hidden track' changed to bonus track on europen pressing
Pages: [1]   Go Up