INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gigabeat S 60 - No album art  (Read 1653 times)

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
Gigabeat S 60 - No album art
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:08:31 pm »

I have a Toshiba Gigabeat S 60 mp3 player and I can't get MC 11 or 12 to load the album art for my mp3 albums.  I have tried storing the .jpg files for each album in all three suggested locations, including in the tag.  I know that the art transfer worked with one version of MC 11 and I have not gotten it to work since.  The Gigabeat S is a mtp player.  I have worked on this issue for weeks and just can't make it work.  If it helps any, I downloaded MediaMonkey and it loaded the art perfectly on my gigabeat.  Any ideas?
Gitcheye

SwellGuy

Re: Gigabeat S 60 - No album art
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:30:14 am »

Is 'Enable album artwork support' ticked in handheld options?

Are you checking all views on the Gigabeat for the artwork (it doesn't appear in the default view)?

Does it appear that MC is correctly recognizing your Gigabeat?

What's the model number of your Gigabeat?

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:42:35 pm »

The model number is S 60.  I have checked the enable album art button.  The art does not appear in any view.  Their is a default cover which is the same for every album.  The music loads perfectly and works perfectly, just no art.  I posted in a Gigabeat forum and one person had the same problem.  His solution was to reformat my hard drive and reinstall.  It fixed his.  Maybe their is a conflict with me having mediamonkey and window media player 11?
Gitcheye

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:51 am »

What size/format is your album art?

If it's large you may want to try a few files with smaller artwork. With MC 12 you can set your handheld options to convert your images during transfer.

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:14:03 pm »

All my music is on an external drive.  I put MC 11 on another computer that computer loaded my gigabeat perfectly with album art.  I has to be a conflict on my laptop.
Gitcheye

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 03:23:13 pm »

Hey,

I just noticed that the picture of the gigabeat in MC on my laptop is that of a F series (which does not support album art) and the picture on my desktop PC in MC (the pc that loaded my player correctly) is a picture of the S series gigabeat and is the correct model.  Is there a way to change the model?
Gitcheye
Pages: [1]   Go Up