INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album view (with songs)  (Read 938 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Album view (with songs)
« on: November 04, 2006, 12:10:57 am »

Infact, I think I've got it. This could work without having to change much about the current system at all. How about a 4th view choice in the bottom view:
"Albums (Detailed) view"

Ha. So desperate for attention he's taken to quoting himself;D

In summary (the linked thread is quite long), I'm asking for a way to browse by looking at whole albums, including being able to use the sorting menu on albums holistically, with a simple way to see the songs next to the thumbnail. Ideally this song list would be collapsible/hidable, so that we could continue to browse by album thumbnails for general browsing.

itunes has it. WMP11 has it. Media center can do it if you set up customize current view correctly, and add the large thumbnails column. But then you lose the ability to quickly change sorting using the handy sorting menu.

Here is how album view looks in wmp11. (Pic stolen from net):

Looks identical in itunes too.

And I was thinking that something like the following icons (stolen from a vista screenshot), on the view header toolbar would be really convenient:

Of course, for Mc's purposes, The "Tile" would be called "album thumbnails", the "Icon" would be our new "Album (detailed)", "List" would be the standard detailed list we see now, and we wouldnt really need that far right "Details" icon at all.

gappie

Re: Album view (with songs)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:24:53 am »

i like how the album view in wmp looks. would be nice.

but i guess easier to accomplish would be a restyling of those icons to schwitch between thumbs and details. this is how it looks now:

and imho that "list style:" looks plain stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up