INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Monitor setup (again..)  (Read 1057 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Dual Monitor setup (again..)
« on: November 06, 2006, 11:05:29 pm »

Hello,
I saw this topic being discussed here.. but didn't see any solution. Maybe one of you guys have at least a hint..
Those nice HTPC cases from ahanix, silverstone, origen etc., with 7" touchscreens are all pretty much useless since they are low resoloution and do not work well in "Clone" mode.
Here's my situation:
1st monitor -  1024x768 14" touchscreen
2nd monitor - 1366x768 32" LCD HDTV

This setup works nicely in "Dual View" - Theater View and Full Screen video go to 32" HDTV. Windows toolbar etc stay on the small 14" LCD.
The problem here is that I would like to have the Theater View controls on the touchscreen too, to be able to control MC. The same goes to any other application.
I want both monitors to show the same stuff but with different resolution.
I can clone 1->2 but then it reduces HDTV's resolution.
Somebody suggested to try UltraMon (Mirroring) - didn't work with my Nvidia 6200

I heard somewhere that a second video card should help. Just bought one today and gave it a try - didn't work at all.. The clone mode even disappeared from possible settings. UltraMon started to work but gave pretty ugly results - it just scales 1366x768 to 1024x768..

Well.. maybe someone knows something.. Please share!

TIA

max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dual Monitor setup (again..)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:50:34 am »

Did some more research on this...
Looks like it IS possible to Clone with different resolution BUT only with newer motherboards / video cards.
My setup - el cheapo ECS mobo, good but AGP and a cheap PCI video card - doesn't work. Time to upgrade...

Almost all people who have those nice HTPC cases with touchscreens have this problem. The official solution is to deactivate one monitor and then use nView hot-keys to toggle active/disabled monitor. Very cumbersome..

max
Pages: [1]   Go Up