INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Audio :) - Sorry for using up your board  (Read 728 times)

Nila

Car Audio :) - Sorry for using up your board
« on: September 07, 2002, 10:16:58 am »

Hey,
I know this isn't related to MJ but in a sense it is because I use MJ to organise my music and then burn it which I then play in my car so it kind of is :)
I just like the fact there are so many audio fans in here so am after some advice.

I want to buy an Amp and Sub for my car.
I currently have an Alpine mp3 cd player. A pretty good spec one. I want to get an amp and sub that are powerful enough for me to be able to blast my music to a level where it's loud but not too loud so as to deafen you. I'm not really sure what power rating as I've never bought one before and so have no idea about the different ratings in Watt's or what they will sound like.

My alpine CD player has 4x60 watt's output and is loud enough for my standard speakers and so I'm not too worried about the amp powering these. I mainly want it for the sub which I will buy. Having said that, I wouldn't mind having two spare channels free in case I later decided to add two more rear speakers to my setup. So either like a 4 channel amp that is bridgeable so I can bridge two of them for the sub or a 3 channel one with alot of power to one channel for the sub (does such a thing even exist).

Anyway, I was thinking alpine just because it'd then go perfectly with my stereo but then again, maybe that's irrelivant and I can get better buys.

I wanted to spend around £200ish for both the sub and amp. Not alot I know. Dont worrry if you dont live in england, I want advice with the hardware not where to buy it.

Having said that though, I bought my stereo from this site: http://www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk/ and it was £100 cheaper than in one of the main chain stores so they're quite well priced so if any of you fancy checking it out and telling me which combo would probably sound best and be my best bet then that'd be extremely helpful.

Thanks guy :)

Sorry again for sneaking it into this board.

nila

Nila

RE:Car Audio :) - Sorry for using up your board
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 10:20:37 am »

Alpine MRP-F320 5/4/3 channel Amplifier.
* 5/4/3 ch, 75w x 4 |PLS| 1 x 180w max, x/overs, RCA & Spk In. "

This one sounds quite good even though it's over what I planned to be spending.

What'd you think?? It just seems to offer me quite a few channels which would let me expand my system later. Not sure how powerful it is though in terms of powering a sub to a good level.
Pages: [1]   Go Up