INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.108  (Read 3970 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.108
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120108.exe

History

12.0.108 (11/07/06)

1. Fixed: Filenames with .'s in them would bozo the handheld cache.
2. Fixed: Handheld cache prune no longer prunes with extreme prejudice.
3. Optimized: Faster load times due to internal architecture updates.
4. Optimized: More components dynamic or delay load, improving startup performance.

12.0.107 (11/06/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks wouldn't load properly.
2. Changed: Detached view responds to Escape to exit maximized and to reattach.
3. Changed: Revised detached display right-click menu to be more clear.
4. Fixed: Incomplete URL option logic was backwards.
5. Changed: Added recognition of second generation iPod Shuffles.
6. Changed: Removed drop arrow from pane headers.
7. Fixed: Theater View "Jump on Play" was jumping to standard view instead of display view.
8. Fixed: In certain cases, Mini View could get stuck transparent until switching away and back to the program.
9. Changed: With "Play visible files" selected as the play button mode, the current playlist will be played if there are no visible files. (minimized, display view, Start view, etc.)
10. Fixed: Scheduled MP3 streams with "~~~stream~~~.mp3" didn't record.
11. Fixed: Scheduled record streams is now placed in Output File Location instead of Music Directory.
12. Fixed: TiVO Server would crash on browsing.
13. Changed: more debugging for multiple network interface machines in UPnP Server.
14. New: Upload to Menalto Gallery added to the Send to menu.  (Caption is an expression.  Defaults to [Caption].  Test feature.  May not remain.)

12.0.106 (11/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks didn't play nicely with the pause button.
2. Fixed: FormatDate(...) expressions didn't properly support the 3 parameter version for display with no dates.
3. Fixed: Right-click on "Start" view header text would cause a crash.
4. Fixed: Rated pictures would sync over-and-over to an iPod.
5. Changed: When editing a view scheme, removing or adding a component doesn't discard the list position. (so it takes less clicks to remove all, etc.)
6. Changed: Expressions support tabs and new line formatting in functions to increase readability.
      Example: IF(A,B,C) becomes
         IF(A,
            B
            C
         )
7. NEW: Expression editor shows large, multiline text area. (instead of single line)
8. Changed: When editing lyrics, bios, expressions, etc. tab inserts tabs in the text instead of switching focus.
9. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
10. Changed: Added option to omit host portion of UPnP URLs, to work with Denon.
11. Changed: Right-click on a pane entry would show all send to items at the root. (instead of nesting like other areas of the app)
12. NEW: View scheme editing can be done "in-place" so you can quickly change the panes by clicking on the pane headers. (EXPERIMENTAL -- MAY NOT REMAIN)

12.0.105 (11/01/06)

1. Fixed: Using a handheld while switching libraries or closing the program could cause a crash. (by design, handheld operations are cancelled when switching libraries)
2. NEW: DirectX video playback automatically bookmarks videos. (tap previous button to seek to the beginning) (doesn't apply to non-DirectX playback, or internet streams)
3. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+L selects the next available audio stream in DVD.
4. Fixed: iPod image sync would send the same images over and over.
5. Fixed: Windows Media 11 would not support lossless WMA encoding.
6. Fixed: mp4 media streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.
7. Fixed: Real media (ra, rm, ram) streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.

12.0.104 (10/31/06)

1. Fixed: Plugin Manager would not use the correct art for Output plugins.
2. Changed: Keyboard shortcut for clearing the search box is now "Escape" instead of "Shift+Escape".
3. Fixed: Editing Lyrics, and then clicking to a different Action Window could cause a crash.
4. Changed: More art updates.
5. Fixed: Playing a small image with transparency fullscreen wouldn't always fill the background with a checkerboard pattern properly.
6. Changed: When seeking (or jumping to skip commercials in TV), the current on-screen-display shows the new position.
7. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency maps for Australia and UK, and hoping it will have some effect.
8. Fixed: Improved handling for severe scratches when secure ripping CD's. UI used to freeze.
9. Changed: Video zooming takes much finer steps.
10. Optimized: Image playback now faster.
11. Optimized: Handheld cache pruning (happens at the end of a transfer) is much faster.
12. Changed: Revised default expansion states in the handheld options tree.
13. Changed: Action Window "Display" has independent visualization selection from Standard View. (much like Mini View already works)
14. Changed: Files with an empty album are now considered from an incomplete album instead of a complete album.
15. Changed: Google Video playback would fail in some cases.
16. Fixed: Library Server playback could hang at the end of a track with audio conversion enabled.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.108
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:41:35 pm »

Woohoo!  Early build to play with.  Going to watch some election results come in?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 03:43:37 pm »

Matt decided to "optimize" some things.  Good luck!

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 04:41:01 pm »

Okay, there's definitely something I'm missing here.  Clicking "play" under a thumbnail when showing audio, images or video as thumbnails, causes all of the media in that view to load into playing now.  AFAIK my settings should cause "play" to play Playing Now.  Prior to v.107, that meant that the current track, image or video would replace Playing Now and play.  Now the entire library replaces Playing Now.  Is no one else seeing this?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 04:50:21 pm »

No problem here.

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 04:54:35 pm »

I give up.  Thanks for looking into it, Dude.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:02:30 pm »

Okay, there's definitely something I'm missing here.  Clicking "play" under a thumbnail when showing audio, images or video as thumbnails, causes all of the media in that view to load into playing now.  AFAIK my settings should cause "play" to play Playing Now.  Prior to v.107, that meant that the current track, image or video would replace Playing Now and play.  Now the entire library replaces Playing Now.  Is no one else seeing this?

It simulates a double click.

Options->General->Double-click->Replace Playing Now (single)

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »

Covert Art Problems.

I have it set for a specific folder and not in file itself.
I can successfully 'get from internet' and 'Quick Find in File' only for those items with the Artist - Album format (e.g., Go-Betweens - Bright Yellow, Bright Orange).

However...
1. using Get from Internet alone doesn't do anything other than put the jpg in my Cover Art folder. I then have to go get it (Add from File or Quick Find in File. Would be nice if it were a 1-step process); and

2. If I select one file rather than all files in the album and then "Quick Find in File", only that one track gets the art. I thought cover art was by 'album', not by track?

When compilation albums are involved, a different set of issues arises. I used the Various Artist album "Swinging Mademoiselles_Groovy French Sounds from the 60s".

1. 'Use Assorted' in file naming didn't work. My Album Artist (auto) was equal to the Artist, and the Album Artist was blank. I manually typed Assorted under Album Artist and then selected "Get from Internet". I got a message saying "Done getting covert art", but no file was added to my cover art folder.

2. I manually added the jpg to my cover art folder. I ensured the jpg name was identical to the album name.  Quick Find in File didn't get the art.

3. Get from File works, however I get a "copy image" message: "Would you like to copy this image to the cover art location you have specified in Options".  Strange, because it's already there. If you say yes, then you get the art, and it is indeed a copy. Rather than inserting the file I said to get which was just named after the album, a new file appeared in the Cover art folder named: Assorted - Swinging Mademoiselles etc.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:41:11 pm »

Penquin, I'm up to speed with that, I believe.  My setting under "options/general/double-click" is:  "Add to Playing now".  Hence my flumoxment.  It is acting as though the setting were as you state, when it had been changed by me somewhere back around MC 12.~30.  I agree it is acting as though my setting for that was "replace playing now".  But that is not the setting, and has not been since the start of v12 beta.

This all started with 12.107.  Any dependency that was changed that is now looking for an active AFFIRMATION of "Add to playing now"?  In other words, is the default "replace playing now unless told otherwise (and something on my system is preveting MC from being told)?

UPDATE:  Penguin, there's a registry setting that relects this preference, right?  Something on my system (like Zone Alarm) must be inhibiting registry changes.  If you could direct me to the registry node for this pref, I could change it manually and be done with it.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:04:22 pm »

Problem playing some chinese named APE file over Library Server.

Some chinese files (with chinese filename, BIG5 character set) doesn't seem to play over Library Server. Tested from 104-108. Bug seem to introduce in 104. Back to 103, it plays fine. Problem seems to be with the client side as once I switch the client back to 103, it works perfectly except for the fact that the client will hang once the track ends if conversion is set to on. My server is running 107.
Don't Panic!

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 10:30:51 pm »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 12:34:46 am »

Video Bookmarking

A couple of small bugs since the introduction of this:

1. When I pause before I seek a DVR-MS file, the video remains stuck on the same paused frame while I am seeking. I have to seek a second or sometimes third time to see an updated frame. This always used to work flawlessly prior to video bookmarking.

2. There is no OSD when seeking with CTRL+ARROW keys. CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW keys is ok.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 12:37:07 am »

Theater View Bugs

1. When bringing up a context menu on a list in Theater View, the menu and highlight appears chopped off (in terms of it's horizonal length) and looks pretty strange expecially with some skins.

2. The ALT+[1|2|3|4|etc] keys for jumping in and out of Playing Now and the various other views don't work for Theater View. The Alt+[Left Arrow|Right Arrow] is working fine however.

3. When loading a web page via a custom root menu item, the left hand nav menu has the buttons "Play All" and "Display View" which don't make sense.

Thankyou.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:08 am »

Dragging already recorded playlists to the iPod to do an update frequently results in a list with all songs duplicated.

Solution is to delete the playlist from the iPod and then drag it again to the iPod. This problem has always been in MC11 and is also in MC12.

Marsies .....

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 07:52:53 am »

looks you broke continuous cd ripping.
when inserting the next cd (using two drives here, so, MC is ripping one while the next is inserted) MC does its 'hunter gatherer' thing, then shows the files in the drives and devices list.

In the 'rip' column, they are all ticked, the status column shows them as "on disc" and in the action window, the "ripping xx of xx" does not update. When the current cd finishes ripping, MC goes into standby waiting for me to tell it what to do next.

I rolled back to build 107 and it's all working as it should do again.

-marko

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 08:04:11 am »

I dragged some files from Windows Explorer into MC's Playing Now and got the message that the files were being "imported". I panicked at first because I didn't want them imported into the library but realized after that they were only put in Playing Now and not imported into the library. The message should be reworded to avoid that confusion.
Jeff

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 09:22:47 am »

I have two DVD/CD drives that I use for ripping. With this build something seems to have broken with my E: drive. When I try and insert a new CD I get several popups (all the same and all at once) that say

Media Center has detected a new CD in drive E: but can't get the correct volume information.
Please try ejecting and reinserting CD.

I never saw this before this build. I also have no trouble playing the CD with other players including WMP. My D: drives seems fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Center Registered 12.0.108 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3591 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1026 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: TSSTcorpDVD-ROM TS-H352C  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  DVD+-RW DVD8701    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

DarkPenguin

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 10:03:25 am »

UPDATE:  Penguin, there's a registry setting that relects this preference, right?  Something on my system (like Zone Alarm) must be inhibiting registry changes.  If you could direct me to the registry node for this pref, I could change it manually and be done with it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Properties

General - List Double Click Mode

Value should be the item number of the list (from the options) starting at 0.  (So "Replace Playing Now (single)" would be 0 and "Add to Playing Now (play next)" would be 4.)

jgreen

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 11:55:46 am »

here's the setting I have:

General - List Double Click Mode  /  REG_DWORD  /     0x00000004 (4)

I just tried clicking "play" again and it loaded all visible files into playing now.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 12:08:45 pm »

That looks to be how it works.  How did it behave with this setting and what exactly has changed?

jgreen

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 12:12:54 pm »

I'm a bit confued now, so I'll just repeat what I see:  The setting that I showed above, which has not been altered, is the setting that I've had all along.  Starting with v.107 clicking "Play" under tumbnails (but not on right click/ play, which works fine) causes all visible files to be loaded into playing now.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »

It is my understanding that that is how it is supposed to work.  There is a difference between right clicking and hitting the "play" text.

Launfal

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 01:54:55 pm »

I have two DVD/CD drives that I use for ripping. With this build something seems to have broken with my E: drive. When I try and insert a new CD I get several popups (all the same and all at once) that say

Media Center has detected a new CD in drive E: but can't get the correct volume information.
Please try ejecting and reinserting CD.

I never saw this before this build. I also have no trouble playing the CD with other players including WMP. My D: drives seems fine.

I got this very same error, but in my case, it was because I had Exact Audio Copy running at the same time.  Since I had EAC set up to stop autorun, anything that needs to access a CD drive couldn't find it.

For what it's worth, check to make sure you don't have anything like that running.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 02:56:53 pm »

Problem playing some chinese named APE file over Library Server.

Some chinese files (with chinese filename, BIG5 character set) doesn't seem to play over Library Server. Tested from 104-108. Bug seem to introduce in 104. Back to 103, it plays fine. Problem seems to be with the client side as once I switch the client back to 103, it works perfectly except for the fact that the client will hang once the track ends if conversion is set to on. My server is running 107.

We can't reproduce this.  Could you provide some more details?

We tested with:
C:\欢迎光临.ape

It played with and without conversion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 03:24:03 pm »

not posting a full bug report here because I've rolled back to build 107 to get a serious ripping session out of the way.. but..

Using Image > get from scanner launchers the scanners' TWAIN software (epson scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, I see the following:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. close the image display, then the tag window, and I find I cannot open the tag window again. Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.

While you're looking at images, btw, don't you think this would look more appealing if the minimised windows had icons in their left corners?
Pages: [1]   Go Up