INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.109  (Read 4337 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.109
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:04:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120109.exe

12.0.109 (11.8.06)

1. Fixed: The UPnP Server was not broadcasting on multiple interfaces.
2. NEW: "Start Now" checkbox added to Schedule Task dialog box.
3. Fixed: One minute duration scheduled events will always record at least a full minute (if "Start Now" checkbox is checked).
4. Optimized: Faster program startup in most cases.
5. Fixed: Clicking on "Podcasts" in the first few seconds the program was running could cause a crash. (introduced in 108)
6. Changed: Drag-n-drop uses the word "Analyzing" instead of "Importing" to avoid confusion.
7. Optimized: Improved string engine loading time, resulting in faster program startup.
8. Fixed: Purchase / upgrade images could appear slightly blurry.
9. Optimized: When double-clicking an image in Explorer, fullscreen playback will start much faster.
10. New: Additional status messages for gallery upload.
11. New: Picklist option for finding gallery albums.
12. Fixed: The DSM-520 UPnP Device now works.
13. Fixed: Setting the Media Center shortcut to "Minimized" would cause the program to not be able to be restored.
14. Changed: DCRaw's priority set to Idle priority when thumbnailing.
15. Changed: The "Album Gain" for a file with no album is now the same as the track gain for that file. (so it's treated like an album of one)

12.0.108 (11/07/06)

1. Fixed: Filenames with .'s in them would bozo the handheld cache.
2. Fixed: Handheld cache prune no longer prunes with extreme prejudice.
3. Optimized: Faster load times due to internal architecture updates.
4. Optimized: More components dynamic or delay load, improving startup performance.

12.0.107 (11/06/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks wouldn't load properly.
2. Changed: Detached view responds to Escape to exit maximized and to reattach.
3. Changed: Revised detached display right-click menu to be more clear.
4. Fixed: Incomplete URL option logic was backwards.
5. Changed: Added recognition of second generation iPod Shuffles.
6. Changed: Removed drop arrow from pane headers.
7. Fixed: Theater View "Jump on Play" was jumping to standard view instead of display view.
8. Fixed: In certain cases, Mini View could get stuck transparent until switching away and back to the program.
9. Changed: With "Play visible files" selected as the play button mode, the current playlist will be played if there are no visible files. (minimized, display view, Start view, etc.)
10. Fixed: Scheduled MP3 streams with "~~~stream~~~.mp3" didn't record.
11. Fixed: Scheduled record streams is now placed in Output File Location instead of Music Directory.
12. Fixed: TiVO Server would crash on browsing.
13. Changed: more debugging for multiple network interface machines in UPnP Server.
14. New: Upload to Menalto Gallery added to the Send to menu.  (Caption is an expression.  Defaults to [Caption].  Test feature.  May not remain.)

12.0.106 (11/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks didn't play nicely with the pause button.
2. Fixed: FormatDate(...) expressions didn't properly support the 3 parameter version for display with no dates.
3. Fixed: Right-click on "Start" view header text would cause a crash.
4. Fixed: Rated pictures would sync over-and-over to an iPod.
5. Changed: When editing a view scheme, removing or adding a component doesn't discard the list position. (so it takes less clicks to remove all, etc.)
6. Changed: Expressions support tabs and new line formatting in functions to increase readability.
      Example: IF(A,B,C) becomes
         IF(A,
            B
            C
         )
7. NEW: Expression editor shows large, multiline text area. (instead of single line)
8. Changed: When editing lyrics, bios, expressions, etc. tab inserts tabs in the text instead of switching focus.
9. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
10. Changed: Added option to omit host portion of UPnP URLs, to work with Denon.
11. Changed: Right-click on a pane entry would show all send to items at the root. (instead of nesting like other areas of the app)
12. NEW: View scheme editing can be done "in-place" so you can quickly change the panes by clicking on the pane headers. (EXPERIMENTAL -- MAY NOT REMAIN)

12.0.105 (11/01/06)

1. Fixed: Using a handheld while switching libraries or closing the program could cause a crash. (by design, handheld operations are cancelled when switching libraries)
2. NEW: DirectX video playback automatically bookmarks videos. (tap previous button to seek to the beginning) (doesn't apply to non-DirectX playback, or internet streams)
3. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+L selects the next available audio stream in DVD.
4. Fixed: iPod image sync would send the same images over and over.
5. Fixed: Windows Media 11 would not support lossless WMA encoding.
6. Fixed: mp4 media streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.
7. Fixed: Real media (ra, rm, ram) streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.

jgreen

Re: Media Center 12.0.109
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:44:06 pm »

Penguin, I want credit for having the courage to show my face around here after having wasted your time on the thumbanil "play" issue.  Yes, it works exactly as designed, although not as I remember it, God knows why.

Starting with a clean page and a bug that hopefully exists, the install dialogue "next" button for the skin choice has gone albino, at least with Noire preselected.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:15:05 pm »

Theater View Bugs

1. When bringing up a context menu on a list in Theater View, the menu and highlight appears chopped off (in terms of it's horizonal length) and looks pretty strange expecially with some skins.

2. The ALT+[1|2|3|4|etc] keys for jumping in and out of Playing Now and the various other views don't work for Theater View. The Alt+[Left Arrow|Right Arrow] is working fine however.

3. When loading a web page via a custom root menu item, the left hand nav menu has the buttons "Play All" and "Display View" which don't make sense.

Thankyou.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:16:51 pm »

Video Bookmarking

A couple of small bugs since the introduction of this:

1. When I pause before I seek a DVR-MS file, the video remains stuck on the same paused frame while I am seeking. I have to seek a second or sometimes third time to see an updated frame. This always used to work flawlessly prior to video bookmarking.

2. There is no OSD when seeking with CTRL+ARROW keys. CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW keys is ok. 
Z-Wave Home Automation

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:43:00 pm »

15. Changed: The "Album Gain" for a file with no album is now the same as the track gain for that file. (so it's treated like an album of one)
Nice!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 09:48:38 pm »

Problem playing some chinese named APE file over Library Server.

Some chinese files (with chinese filename, BIG5 character set) doesn't seem to play over Library Server. Tested from 104-109. Bug seem to introduce in 104. Back to 103, it plays fine. Problem seems to be with the client side as once I switch the client back to 103, it works perfectly except for the fact that the client will hang once the track ends if conversion is set to on. My server is running 109.
Don't Panic!

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 09:52:35 pm »

Problem playing some chinese named APE file over Library Server.

Some chinese files (with chinese filename, BIG5 character set) doesn't seem to play over Library Server. Tested from 104-109. Bug seem to introduce in 104. Back to 103, it plays fine. Problem seems to be with the client side as once I switch the client back to 103, it works perfectly except for the fact that the client will hang once the track ends if conversion is set to on. My server is running 109.

Check the 108 thread for matt's comment on this.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 10:37:21 pm »

Honestly, MC seems to start up just a tad slower now. :o

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:38 am »

3. Fixed: One minute duration scheduled events will always record at least a full minute (if "Start Now" checkbox is checked).

If we want to play something, is it possible to also have the duration field enabled ?
So it works like a sleep timer then.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 03:51:31 am »

Seen this a few times with this build:

Media Center has encountered critical error #30. Some essential component is missing or corrupted.
Z-Wave Home Automation

dcwebman

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 07:08:01 am »

6. Changed: Drag-n-drop uses the word "Analyzing" instead of "Importing" to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the change but I don't think it's really doing Analyzing (Audio Analysis), is it? At least in my tests, it didn't. So the question comes up as to what exactly is it doing? Adding? At least that's the selection on the right-click in Windows Explorer (Add to Playing Now).
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 07:22:23 am »

Thanks for the change but I don't think it's really doing Analyzing (Audio Analysis), is it? At least in my tests, it didn't. So the question comes up as to what exactly is it doing? Adding? At least that's the selection on the right-click in Windows Explorer (Add to Playing Now).

Technically it is importing. Playing Now has a separate database (search: ~d=t ).

Perhaps "adding" would be a good word for the displayed text.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 11:10:47 am »

Just to confirm Datdude's observation:  v.109 does seem to start up a tad slower, at least in Audio view.  Moreover, once the GUI appears the program still isn't ready to use, and seems to freeze annoyingly.

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 11:27:40 am »

My Ipod is not getting recognized. Redetecting does nothing.
When i switch to MC11, Ipod still connected, everything is fine.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:27:17 pm »

Honestly, MC seems to start up just a tad slower now. :o

It's much faster here!

Started MC 12.0.108, took time with my stopwatch : 10 sec.

Downloaded and installed MC 12.0.109, started it once without taking time, just to be sure that there is nothing left to set up with the first start after an update.

Started MC 12.0.109, again took time with my stopwatch : just 3 sec !!!

I did it with same background tasks running (checked it up via taskmanager). This is faster than vlc, wich I allways use if I just want to have a quick preview of anything. Now I'll change!

[...]
4. Optimized: Faster program startup in most cases.
[...]
7. Optimized: Improved string engine loading time, resulting in faster program startup.
[...]

Thanks for that! It's the most impressing speed-up I ever noticed with MC!

SwellGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 12:36:22 pm »

Chili-Jam,

Can you tell us a little more about your iPod (Model, firmware, usb/firewire)? A log file with only handheld events would also be very helpful.

You can access logging via the Help menu. Set it to log to a file, tick only handheld events, shut down MC, restart MC, wait a while for MC to search for handheld devices, go back to the Logging window and send me the log (rick at jriver).

Thanks,
Rick

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 12:53:20 pm »

It's much faster here!

Started MC 12.0.108, took time with my stopwatch : 10 sec.

Downloaded and installed MC 12.0.109, started it once without taking time, just to be sure that there is nothing left to set up with the first start after an update.

Started MC 12.0.109, again took time with my stopwatch : just 3 sec !!!

I did it with same background tasks running (checked it up via taskmanager). This is faster than vlc, wich I allways use if I just want to have a quick preview of anything. Now I'll change!

Thanks for that! It's the most impressing speed-up I ever noticed with MC!

Don't have stop watch near me,  but .108 took I'm guessing 2 - 3 seconds while .109 takes 3 -5 seconds.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:11 pm »

Don't have stop watch near me,  but .108 took I'm guessing 2 - 3 seconds while .109 takes 3 -5 seconds.

Start a thread and post the first 200 lines from a log file.  Startup times should be under a second on most computers now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 02:12:02 pm »

I am so happy you added an export to Gallery!

Please don't take it out, I would love to see server profiles that could be saved.

I may have to move from Picasa!

Sadly at the moment, the album name retrieval retrieves the album ID I guess instead of the name.  There are a bunch of numbers..

It would be wonderful if it could use the photo caption instead of a general caption for all the photos.

jgreen

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »

Matt--

I'd like to send in my log file, since the times I'm seeing can vary widely but have never touched the  1 sec or even 3 sec range.  The log file references info I would rather put on close-hold.  Is there any way to email this to you?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 02:15:46 pm »

If you set your photo caption in MC and use the caption [caption] it should use the MC stuff.  That field is a expression field.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 02:47:53 pm »

Matt--

I'd like to send in my log file, since the times I'm seeing can vary widely but have never touched the  1 sec or even 3 sec range.  The log file references info I would rather put on close-hold.  Is there any way to email this to you?

Sure, email them to matt at jriver dot com.  I'll delete them as soon as we're done troubleshooting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 03:06:24 pm »

Come now jgreen.  We don't care about how much of your library is pr0n.   ;)

(Just kidding!)  ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jgreen

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 03:25:34 pm »

It's not the total figure, it's the ratio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up