INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to implement special iTunes-only tags?  (Read 1052 times)

wotan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Any way to implement special iTunes-only tags?
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:35:37 pm »

I've been looking for a way in media center to assign some flags to mp3s that I transfer to my ipod.  iTunes is the only software that I've seen that includes the tags for skipping the track during a shuffle and enabling bookmarking on it.

I'd also like a way for JRiver to figure out how to convert files into a useable audiobook format for the ipod.  There used to be a program to do it, but the new iTunes7 makes it harder to flag files as audiobooks unless they are purchased from audible or ITMS.   Without being able to flag the files as audiobooks (the genre tag is not ALL That it needs) -- you cannot use the speed control built into the ipod software.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to implement special iTunes-only tags?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 12:02:54 am »

Hmmmm....

I don't know about the speed control, but you might look into making your files "m4b" files. They are the 'bookmarkable' versions that are frequently used by audiobooks.

Perhaps that will also enable the speed up/down controls....

brad

wotan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Any way to implement special iTunes-only tags?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:32:32 pm »

Converting files to .m4b does allow them to be bookmarkable, but with the latest iTunes and iPod updates it does not allow them to be speed-changed or show up on your audiobooks menu.  iTunes itself lets you flag mp3 files (or aac/mp4) as bookmarkable -- so really you are gaining nothing by converting the files to m4b.

MediaCenter really cannot handle any of this as of now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up