INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12 Reinstall problem(s)  (Read 1269 times)

charismalxw

• Change this by choosing profile
Media Center 12 Reinstall problem(s)
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:12:29 pm »

Re: Problem Reinstalling Media Center 12

A few days after installing Media Center 12, I begin to experience problem with loading program, but having it displayed on screen. However I could detect that program was in Memory, but not available.  I then uninstalled and attempted to reinstall program. Within a few seconds of starting the Reinstall the following message results:

'Invalid Destination Folder' appears atop dialog a box with this included essage: "Media Center cannot be installed to an empty folder. Please enter a new destination Folder".  This message is then followed by an 'OK' box.

On clicking the 'OK' box I received following message: "Upgrade Error." "Install Wizard encountered a critical error and must close. It is recommended that you reboot your computer and install (program) again.  If this error persists, please uninstall and theninstall again". At this point User is not provided means of 'changing folder'  or choosing a 'new destination folder' when Error message is shown.

Summary: I have tried suggestions made, as well as reinstalling Media Center 11.  All tries ended with with same niegative results.  My PC  is relatively new (2 months) with 2GB of Memory, Intel chip, etc, so that not being able to meet 'system requirements' shouldn't be the source of problem.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 12 Reinstall problem(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:40:37 pm »

Uninstall, reboot reinstall.
When you uninstall, choose the option to remove registry entries.

Use the latest build of MC12 or the MC11.1 from the download page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up