INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP: Problem Burning CD from Playlist Using JR MC v 11  (Read 1657 times)

sydlax

HELP: Problem Burning CD from Playlist Using JR MC v 11
« on: November 12, 2006, 08:21:04 pm »

1.  Help!

2.  I bought/downloaded J Rivers Media Center last week.

3.  I downloaded a slew of gershwin piano roll MIDI's from website and converted them to wav files using MID Concerter v 4.2.  They play fine as wav's on JR MC.

4.  I have 3 times tried to burn an audio cd of these wav file tunes for use in my car stereo.  Using JR MC v 11 and windows xp on my relatively new SONY VGN-FE18GP.

5.  After JR MC does its preparation routine for each track and goes thru its writing CD text routine, I keep getting error message:  "ERROR:  logical unit not ready, long write in progress."   As far as I know there's no other activity going on;  at least I haven't initiated another write on purpose.

6.  Can anybody out there help me get my JR MC back on track?? 

7.  Thanks.

sydlax

sydlax

Re: HELP: Problem Burning CD from Playlist Using JR MC v 11
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 01:34:06 am »

I know JR MC is a good program;  used it with satisfaction a couple of years ago.  Am having difficulty with Burning of CD's this time around.  See original posting, below.Interact seems to me a poor substitute for effective tech assist.  Interact boasts that JR Techs "monitor" Interact.  If so, why haven't I heard anything helpful.  What do they monitor for?  Obviously competent in technical development, design, manufacturing, etc, why are they so substandard in offering customers help with probs?  I live in Sydney;  is there any phone tech support for Australia?  Must I abandon JR MC and try a competitor?

Does anybody at JR care?

Tks

1.  Help!

2.  I bought/downloaded J Rivers Media Center last week.

3.  I downloaded a slew of gershwin piano roll MIDI's from website and converted them to wav files using MID Concerter v 4.2.  They play fine as wav's on JR MC.

4.  I have 3 times tried to burn an audio cd of these wav file tunes for use in my car stereo.  Using JR MC v 11 and windows xp on my relatively new SONY VGN-FE18GP.

5.  After JR MC does its preparation routine for each track and goes thru its writing CD text routine, I keep getting error message:  "ERROR:  logical unit not ready, long write in progress."   As far as I know there's no other activity going on;  at least I haven't initiated another write on purpose.

6.  Can anybody out there help me get my JR MC back on track?? 

7.  Thanks.

sydlax

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:53:45 am »

Try ripping a CD to WAV and then burning a few tracks back to a new CD.  Does that work? 

If not, there may be other CD software doing strange things with the drive.  We've seen it before.

If so, then the problem is with the WAV files you've converted from Midi.  Not all WAV is the same.   You might try a google search on that.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 12:04:55 am »

It would help if you posted your system info (help>sytem info). We know what your issue is, but have no idea what your system consists of and as this isn't an issue the other users are having, then we need as much info as you can supply about your particular setup.

As Jim said there have been instances when other CD software have caused issues with MC. What other CD software do you have installed? (Nero has been known to cause probs with MC, try uninstalling it).

Have you done as Jim suggested? Please post your results.

And please try to have a little patience; a little bit of honey goes a lot farther than vinegar. MC and the users here do try to take care of everyone here and we all do care, because MC is the best software of its kind.

It can happen that a post slips through the cracks, (not very often), just "bump" it back up.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up