INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing TV shows  (Read 1229 times)

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Missing TV shows
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:38:00 pm »

I normally use iTunes to manage the iPod because it supports the compilation tag and MC does not.

I filled my 60GB with music, movies and TV shows (from Tivo) before leaving.  Watched half a dozen shows on the plane.  When I got to Hong Kong, I decided to delete the shows I had watched in order to free up some room for the CD's that I bought in Taipei.

MC successfully showed me the content on the iPod, I deleted the shows that I watched, leaving the others.  Now, ALL the TV shows are gone. 

Worst case scenario is that the notebook I have is my work notebook so I have very little incentive to put iTunes on it because I don't have full admin rights (only some weird hybrid).

How do I get these back?  They showed up in the tree as music, not movies. Has MC somehow re-written the iPod database so that it no longer sees them as TV shows? 

FYI, they do not show up under music either.  But, I am pretty sure the files are still on the iPod, how do I get them back?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Missing TV shows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:43:24 am »

You can browse an iPod in Windows Explorer and copy files off of it.

For the newest iPod support, we recommend Media Center 12:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=12.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Missing TV shows
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 01:03:55 am »

I copied the files back to my HD and was able to copy them back to the ipod with MC. 

The bad news is that all of the files lost all of their tags (or maybe they are stored in an apple database), so basically they all have names like LKXHD and so one.  They play, but there is no data on them.

What a pain in the ass.

Does MC12 support the compilation tag on ipods?  I was using it for a long time to manage my ipod, but half of the collection on the ipod is compilation albums (lots of chillout music, foreign music, etc.)  With MC managing the ipod I ended up with a list that is ~1000 names long for artists.  With the compilation tag enabled, I have a hundred or so "real" artists and the rest are conveniently hidden.  In addition, it is easier to find particular albums by scrolling through the compilation folder instead.

If MC12 supported this I would move back and use 1 tool because I use MC for tivo content.  Life used to be so simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up