INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.115  (Read 3433 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.115
« on: November 16, 2006, 04:32:08 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120115.exe

12.0.115 (11/16/06)

1. Change: Default internal volume for DX video player is increased.
2. Fixed: Panes could draw strangely after resize in some cases.
3. Optimized: Improved view switching times.
4. Changed: When switching focus away from a list, the selection wouldn't properly redraw.
5. Fixed: Some system skinned list controls could flicker when they didn't have a horizontal scrollbar.
6. Change: DX video player and DVD player will not try setting internal volume when the user chooses system volume.
7. Fixed: MP3's not playing on iPods - temporarily removed gapless playback.
8. Fixed: Info box didn't display number of discs required when files in burn queue exceeded capacity for a one disc.

12.0.114 (11/15/06)

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.
2. Fixed: Menu transparency could be one-step behind when right-clicking a pane item.
3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)
4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.
5. Changed: Reworked the "Burning" options page to look more like other options pages. (and have nicer filtering of audio / data options based on burn mode)
6. Fixed: MC better identifies Toshiba Gigabeat S and F models.
7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.
8. Fixed: Skinning enabled on file browser control under vista.  (Associated crash fixed.)
9. NEW: Scheduled recording handles asx streams.
10. Fixed: Thumbnail generation for videos with relative path image files wouldn't always work.
11. Changed: The "image file" field is honored for data files just like for audio and video files.

12.0.113 (11/14/06)

1. NEW: Internal volume control is available for DX video player and DVD player (may not work for all sound cards, but should work for most).
2. Fixed: MC hang when stopping video player while FF/REWing.
3. Changed: Filter selection is allowed for Windows Media types (transform filters, i.e. decoders only - the source filter will always be WM Asf Reader).
4. Changed: Changing debug logging options doesn't require restart of Media Center.
5. Fixed: Some long or international filenames would not work properly over Library Server.
6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
7. Changed: Reworked how MIME types are handled for Podcasting and sharing plugins. (hopefully transparent, but please report any issues)
8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.
9. Fixed: RAW Image cache files could be deleted in certain situations.

12.0.112 (11/13/06)

1. Fixed: Find albums in gallery uploader updates the list with "Title: %s  (Album: %s)"
2. Changed: Removed Media Jukebox 8 library upgrader. (it's best to reimport when coming from MJ 8)
3. Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.
4. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down work more logically in Theater View.
5. Changed: Main navigation tree uses tree-style keyboard navigation. (instead of list-style navigation proposed in build 111)
6. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over the volume slider with the mouse perfectly still and playback stopped would leave "Volume xx%" stuck in the player area.
7. Fixed: iPod database corruption introduced in build 12.0.111.
8. Changed: Stock smartlists (like Top Hits and Recently Played) work correctly after being renamed or moved. (pick Tree > Right-Click > Playlists > Create Stock Smartlists to recreate missing playlists)
9. Changed: When rotating an image that's playing using the right-click menu or toolbar button, the playback display now updated immediately.
10. Fixed: Command line TreePath=... didn't work properly when firing while MC wasn't running.
11. Fixed: IPTC 'Date Created' Tag gets properly imported (mapped to Date field).
12. Changed: Ctrl+Right Arrow / Ctrl+Left Arrow change playback rate (fast forward/rewind) in DX video player, just as in DVD and TV.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.115
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 05:46:20 pm »

To get this change to take effect, do we need a full re-initialization, or a re-sync, or ?  A full sync takes between 4 and 5 hours on my iPod, so I'd rather not fully initialize if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Larry

gappie

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 05:52:05 pm »

that is all gapless playback? so also for playing local ape files?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:00:23 pm »

We made a bunch of skinned scrollbar changes today.  Please scroll away and report any strangeness.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:31:16 pm »

that is all gapless playback? so also for playing local ape files?

They're only talking about gapless playback on the iPod.  Gapless playback is still supported in MC.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 08:44:37 pm »

I retransferred some podcasts with build 115, and they now play on the iPod (they did not play when transferring with build 114.)  Apparently, whatever changes were made FIXED the podcast issue I was having with build 114.

Unfortunately, music that I transfer with build 115 does NOT play.  I'm going to try a re-initialization and sync and see if that fixes the issue.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 09:11:36 pm »

iPod Initialize/Sync BUG:

After doing an initialization on an iPod, neither of the "sync" buttons (the one in the AW or the one at the top of the main MC window) will work.  When I press either one of them them, the AW window blinks a few times and nothing happens -- i.e. the sync does not start.  I found that after I do an initialization, I have to completely close MC -- including shutting down Media Server -- and restart it in order for the sync to start.  After I do this, the sync will start when hitting the "sync" button.  If I reinialize again, however, MC once again needs to be shut down and re-started before the sync will start.

This is completely repeatable on my system.

Thanks,

Larry

giantblah

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 12:02:17 am »

I have noticed the following while downloading podcasts using media center. 

When I set a podcast feed to download only the podcasts I choose, and exit media center before the file has downloaded (it was "in queue"), the next time I open media center the file no longer says it is "in queue".  It says "download" instead, and I need to manually download the file to put it back in the queue.

Shouldn't the expected behavior be that media center would remember that I wanted that file downloaded? 

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 02:09:57 am »

BUG: VBR mp3s will not play on iPod.

I've been trying to troubleshoot the recent iPod problems when synching with MC, and I've found one pattern to the issue.  I re-initialized and did a full sync, and NONE of my VBR rips will play -- the "playing" screen comes up, but the counter doesn't move, the song doesn't play, and the art never displays.  My CBR mp3s still play, as do Audible files -- it's just the VBR files (all of which were created with MC) that don't work.

Note once again that if I initialize, I have to close and re-open MC in order for the sync to take place (see earlier post in this thread for details.)

Thanks,

Larry

TimB

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 04:28:14 am »

RESTOREd iPod with iTunes and transferred a few songs.  My MP3's are still not playing on my iPod.  They're all VBR if that's the issue.

HOWEVER, if I then go to iTunes, move some tunes over to the iPod, iTunes does a "Determining Gapless..." on the MC added files and then they all play!  This was not the case with 114.

I'm not using Sync right now, this is straight drag 'n drop.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 04:53:11 am »

RESTOREd iPod with iTunes and transferred a few songs.  My MP3's are still not playing on my iPod.  They're all VBR if that's the issue.

Just to clarify, are you saying that you restored an iPod, then use iTunes to transfer these files over, at which point they did not play?  It sounds like you're saying that MC was completely out of the loop, but that doesn't seem to make sense, so I think I may be misunderstanding what you're saying here.

Thanks,

Larry

Launfal

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 05:25:05 am »

We made a bunch of skinned scrollbar changes today.  Please scroll away and report any strangeness.  Thanks.

I don't know if this relates to the changes you made, but the secure-rip box that pops up after a CD rip won't scroll to the last item in the list.  It's cut off by the bottom of the box and you can't get to it.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 06:11:17 am »

For the last few builds (and coincidentally, since I started working from a new library) I've been seing MC freeze a lot. The only part of the program that remains responsive is the right click menu on the mc icon down in the taskbar. This could be thumbnail related, since MC is still building thumbnails for most of my photos and videos.

I also have the lastfm plugin installed and the library server running.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 08:59:11 am »

As discussed here, you cannot add Track # as a tag in the action window for Video files.  It works, of course, if you have it in your current view's details columns and select "Show Tags in Current View" (which is what I usually do), but it should be available as an Add Tag choice as well.  Many people use this tag for episodic TV shows and whatnot.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

SwellGuy

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 10:05:54 am »

Larry,

It appears that the problem with VBR mp3's is related to conversion and we should have that licked in today's build.

We can't reproduce the Initialize problem but we'll keep digging.

Thanks for the post,
Rick

TimB

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 12:14:54 pm »

HOWEVER, if I then go to iTunes, move some tunes over to the iPod, iTunes does a "Determining Gapless..." on the MC added files and then they all play!  This was not the case with 114.

I'm not using Sync right now, this is straight drag 'n drop.

-=Tim=-
Whoops.  I meant "...and transferred a few songs with MC."

Sorry.

Thanks Larry!

-=Tim=-

TimB

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 12:17:02 pm »

Larry,

It appears that the problem with VBR mp3's is related to conversion and we should have that licked in today's build.

We can't reproduce the Initialize problem but we'll keep digging.

Thanks for the post,
Rick

Rick what do you mean by "conversion"?

-=Tim=-

SwellGuy

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 01:30:58 pm »

Our theory on the problem with VBR mp3's not working didn't pan out - we can't reproduce the problem.

Can you send us a file that's not working and tell us more about your settings.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 03:10:06 pm »

CD contents is not properly updated after Ripping a CD, and then placing a different CD in the drive to play.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 03:18:10 pm »

CD contents is not properly updated after Ripping a CD, and then placing a different CD in the drive to play.

Oh my goodness, the old rip refresh bug!!  :)
To be honest, I never could get rid of it but, since nobody else ever reported it, I thought it was something related to my computer or drives.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 04:32:08 pm »

Our theory on the problem with VBR mp3's not working didn't pan out - we can't reproduce the problem.

Can you send us a file that's not working and tell us more about your settings.

I'm more than willing to send a file, but I honestly don't know if it would help you since they're pretty standard -- i.e. they're VBR mp3 files ripped from CD with MC using the VBR "High" quality setting without the "fast" switch.  They all worked fine when I synched them to the iPod a week or two ago.  That aside, could you give me the details for sending you a file?

Regarding settings, I'm synching using a smartlist, with the "delete all files not in sync" option.  I am NOT doing any conversion -- all the files I sync are filetypes that the iPod can play.  This is a 5G iPod.

One other detail that "may" help is that my iPod is set up to use Rockbox (so I could get gapless playback) and all the files DO play when accessing them via the Rockbox firmware.  It's just when using the native Apple iPod firmware that the songs won't play.  I've been using Rockbox for a while now, and it's never interferred with the default Apple interface before, including recent synchs with earlier MC12 builds that worked fine with BOTH the Rockbox AND the Apple firmware.

Please let me know if you need further details since this is obviously a big problem for iPod users.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up