INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help from MC or plugin developer  (Read 1160 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Need help from MC or plugin developer
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:14:10 pm »

Hello

I really need your help to get my plugin project running. Need a few things clarified.

Here it goes agian...

I want to make a plugin for Style/themes etc.
And I want to store data for this things.

Example of what could be stored:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36737.0

Are my only choise to save the Field information as String, and use the "normal wizard" that's in use for Artists, Genre etc to generate playlists?

If I store the and choose the tags like this "Cheerfull;Funky;Electric;Normal;HeavyBass;Party".
I will get the following problems.....?

1. You get the options as a plain wizard list. It will be impossible to categorize the different tags in any way?

2. I think the result would be a list of song wich contains "Cheerfull" AND "Funky" AND "Electric" AND "Normal" AND "HeavyBass" AND "Party" right? That's how it works with artists and similar aint it?

3. IF I implement limitations on choosing tags for the styles in the plugin, like, you can't choose "Party" and "Sad/Depressed" at the same time. It would be impossible to mimic this behavior when choosing the styles in wizard mode right?

I'm starting to think that I might need to make the plugin able to generate smartlists for the users, or something like that.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up