INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.365  (Read 4623 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.365
« on: September 06, 2002, 11:22:50 am »

Media Jukebox 8.0.365 is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Repositioning files in playing now would crash MJ if a file had long comments.
2. Fixed: MP3 plug-in was creating multiple comment and lyrics fields.
3. Fixed: Pressing Settings button in device settings window would give "unavailable with YADB" message.
4. NEW: Updated Id3Lib to newest version (3.8.0)

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.365
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 02:30:01 pm »

This seems to have fixed everything I'd seen with the Lyrics.

It also appeared to "batch update" those files will more than 1 Lyrics saved off (but it didn't say anything, and went a lot quicker than I'd have guessed).

Thanks - this makes management of my collection much easier.

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 07:50:56 pm »

>> 1. Fixed: Repositioning files in playing now would crash MJ if a file had long comments.

Thank you!!!!!

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 04:07:46 am »

MJ still displays cover art as "linked to external file '

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2002, 11:18:11 am »

Is there any possibility that you can fix the error message that pops up when trying to update tag info with v2 tagging disabled. Or is that something that will take too much to fix. I know its fixed in MJ9 but MJ9 is a loooong way away.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2002, 01:10:14 pm »

1. Download manager : using DM for the first time in this version, I noticed that the "Current bandwidth" is no longer correctly displayed - downloading with a bandwidth of 900|PLS| kb/s, it reports 0 kb/s.

2. Default image : since I installed this version, the default image is no longer displayed - as a test, I moved the image in an other folder and changed the path to the new folder in the Tree & View Settings -> Nope - not even an MJ Logo displayed.

cdrmaker

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2002, 02:54:19 pm »

In shuffel play mode,mj now always plays the first song in the playlist, insted of mixing it up with the rest of the tracks

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2002, 04:57:02 pm »

Posting this here per JimH...

I have a 24" monitor, which means I have plenty of room. I like to use plenty of toolbar icons, with text displayed.  If I select "show text labels" in the toolbar config, the text is dispayled just fine.

However, usually when I launch MJ 8 fresh, the text is "scrunched up" for many of the toolbar icons. You know, "Media Libr..." for "Media Library", "Recently I..." instead of "Recently Imported", and so on.  If I go into toolbar config, and reselect "Show text labels", it's fine again--until I close and relaunch MJ.

This is just a mite bit annoying, since the toolbar has a ton of room, and shouldn't be trying to minimize space usage. Any chance this could get rectified?

I'm running MJ 8.0.365, and I've tried many, many, many builds before it--they all have this issue.

phelt

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2002, 05:46:06 pm »

I will gladly second scodan's request. Pay for a perversely large monitor, still get scrunched up interfaces... that's not justice!

cjdshaw

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2002, 09:26:49 am »

> Default image : since I installed this version, the default image is no longer displayed - as a test, I moved the image in an other folder and changed the path to the new folder in the Tree & View Settings -> Nope - not even an MJ Logo displayed.

Confirmed

> In shuffel play mode,mj now always plays the first song in the playlist, insted of mixing it up with the rest of the tracks

Confirmed

The command
mjextman.exe /Play "TREEPATH=Playlists\Moods\Mellow"
used to start MJ if it wasn't running and play the mellow playlist. Now it works OK if MJ is running, otherwise it just starts it but doesn't do anything.

Focus bug still there, but got some more details:
Make sure an internal visualisation is selected.
Clear Playing Now.
Turn off "Jump to Playing Now on playback".
Make sure playback is stopped.
Click on an album or artist on the tree, not an individual track.
Press Return.
Press arrow keys, tab, etc. They don't work.
This is because a new window has opened called "JRiver Playback Engine Window" and has stolen focus. It doesn't show up on the taskbar, but if you press Alt-Tab you can see it. If you close it with Alt-F4, MJ keeps playing but becomes very unstable and often crashes if you try to do anything.
Can you guys reproduce this? I've reported it every build for the last month.

Serge

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2002, 11:00:09 am »

Hello,

In the Download Manager (v. 1.0.124) menu File > Import List File does not work.

BTW, is it possible to drag and drop files in DM?

Thank you,

S:)

cdrmaker

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2002, 04:01:12 pm »

MJ crashing when stoping a playing CD. Also Crashing when trying to start a playlist from any other track other than the 1st

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2002, 04:05:34 pm »

cdrmaker,
Crashes are often hardware problems, but try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2002, 04:28:54 pm »

I have a file named so:

Give Me Tonight (2000 A.D.) [Hex Hector 2000 A.D. Radio Edit)

If I enter this [[ as a search parameter, the file does not appear, and it seems like it should.

paulbailie

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2002, 09:47:49 am »

When I request data from a disc in my drive from either CDDB or YADB, MJ crashes after confirming data.

MmmmJoel

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2002, 10:22:21 am »

I did a fresh XP/SP1 install, and MJ crashed hard when I tried playing a song before installing the sound card drivers (whoops). Not urgent, but it shouldn't die like it did. It correctly identified that I didn't have proper sound support (twice) and then died hard after closing the dialog box.

CL GIlbert

Stability
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2002, 10:45:55 am »

Indeed.  I have a shuttle ak31v2 which is a via chipset MB.  MJ will bring win98 or winXP home to a screeching halt if I try to record or play a CD.  It will do the same as soon as the CD tries to lookup in the database.  Personally I am relieving this MB of duty.  Win2K does not even work on it without crashing on its own...Linux works perfectly though

Anyway, I do have a dual celeron bp6 that also has a problem. and even after a fresh reinstall the problem persists.  After I record a CD, if I insert a new CD to record it, when it starts to lookup the CD in cddb, the program will lockup (similar to the win98 issue).  After each cd I simply bounce MJ to avoid this.  This is with 356, I havent tried 365 but i am installing XP pro now so it won't be a consistent test, but if it still happens, Ill send another report...

CL Gilbert

RazorFace

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2002, 11:59:48 am »

This revision has the annoying habit of closing while in Mini-me mode when I click on the Stop button.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2002, 12:49:46 pm »

RazorFace,

What kind of files were you playing when that happened? Did you install WMP 9 on your computer?

I can reproduce the problem but only when I play WMA files and it looks like it's related to the installation of WMP 9.

Nikolay

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2002, 12:55:06 pm »

Insert audio cd.
Play a song.
Press Stop.
Eject the cd.
Press play in MJ.
Prompt appears: "The volume labeled "A Little less Conversation" was not found. Would you like to try again?"

Three alternatives: yes, no, cancel.
Only "cancel" makes the prompt go away, "yes" and "no" does nothing.
Pressing"no" should make it go away.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.365
Install Path: C:\Programmer\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1809 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Jaguu

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2002, 02:30:04 pm »

With the help of Yaobing I sorted out how to make a Pinnacle PCTV Pro card work with MJ8. The scanning for channels found 227 channels (This is for Switzerland with Pal-B).
When I try to give a name to a channel such as "EuroNews" and edit the channel selection, the available selectable numbers stop at 125.

So if I try to edit the line "Channel 160 - # 160" I get "EuroNews - #2". I get the same "#2" for all channels above number 125 messing up the channels. So the selectable numbers should be augmented to say 999.

Also it would be nice that the scanning would recognize channel names automatically as the software that comes with the card does. Also it merges multiple channels of a program into one selecting the one fitting best.

Giving names to some 70 to 80 channels seems a rather tedious task that I rather would like to avoid. Otherwise watching TV with MJ8 works pretty well!

Jaguu

RazorFace

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2002, 06:08:31 am »

Nikolay,

I was playing an mp3.  Not one I ripped, but one d/led from the net.

I have not installed, nor will I be installing, WMP9.

RazorFace

RazorFace

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2002, 08:53:55 am »

Nikolay,

I tried a few more things, including different skins, and this is still happening.

• after playlist completes & MJ is active window MJ closes
  • clicking mini-me toolbar button (no music playing) closes immediately
  • Playlist finishes (but not active window) stays open until focus is brought back to MJ
  • different skins has same effect
  • Unselecting "Make inactive mini-me transparent" has same effect
  • Unselecting "Stay on Top" has same effect
    ---<br>RazorFace<br>----<br>Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0<br><br>CPU: Intel Pentium III 803 MHz MMX<br>Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB<br>OS: Microsoft

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #23 on: September 10, 2002, 09:54:04 am »

Just had .365 close out (no error message, just disappeared) during ID3v2 updating.  The file didn't have artist/genre/year/album values, and when it got to 8/10 updating, MJ just vanished.

I re-opened, reset the properties, and this time they saved properly.

I still have an MJ crash, hang or error using the recent 8 betas about once a day, on two different machines.  The errors aren't that consistent, although I would say at least half are hangs while in mini-me.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up