INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have no audio with my Hauppauge Hvr 1300.  (Read 9505 times)

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
I have no audio with my Hauppauge Hvr 1300.
« on: November 19, 2006, 04:44:12 am »

Hello.

I use a Hauppauge Hvr 1300 in analog mode with cable and with the right settings (Austria scan).
I can watch Tv but I donīt here anything. So I tested the normal Hauppauge software--- it works.
So with settings should I change to hear the audio track. Is it possible to control the Mc with the Remote Control from Hauppauge?

I use a creative X-fi music and the Sb-Xfi Audio A000 DRIVER for output.

Thx for help. ;)

One Question. Iīll use version 12.0.106
because I was afraid, if i install a newer version that i need to restore a key. Must I? Or must I only restore if I delete the partition and if I install windows?
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I have no audio with my Hauppauge Hvr 1300.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 04:54:02 pm »

I can't help with the your audio prob, but someone else will I'm sure.

If you're a registered MC12 user, then you don't need to use a Restore to update, just download the latest build from the top of the forum, close MC and install. (For safety, don't forget to backup your Library first! ;)).

You do have to use a Restore if you reformat and re-install Windows. Don't worry about the restores, you get 10 a year and the restore key is good for 14 days and can be used on all computers you own or use. If you should run out, just post in the forum and MC will help you out. The restore system here is purely for anti-piracy and not intended to restrict your use of MC. Restores are always free.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:15:35 am »

Hello.

I use a Hauppauge Hvr 1300 in analog mode with cable and with the right settings (Austria scan).
I can watch Tv but I donīt here anything. So I tested the normal Hauppauge software--- it works.

We have seen a few reports of TV being silent until you switch channel. Does the sound come back when you switch to a different channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 10:24:03 am »

no sorry.
Which settings should I use?  Directshow or direct out, etc.?

I got a other problem to.

So I installed a plug in sleep timer long time ago and then deinstalled it. Now I got everytime the message Interface-plugin could not be found or created. When I try to connect to the server to download the plugin again, I donīt get a certificate. What can I do.
-- Albert Einstein

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 10:39:07 am »

no sorry.
Which settings should I use?  Directshow or direct out, etc.?

Does your TV device requires an audio cable connecting from the TV device to the sound card? If yes, check "this device requires a cable to route sound directly to the sound card" checkbox, and select the sound card and the line.

By your question, it looks the answer is no. So you unchecked the checkbox. Right? If that is the case, choosing DirectSound, or "Wave Out" probably does not matter, but you should try both.

I got a other problem to.

So I installed a plug in sleep timer long time ago and then deinstalled it. Now I got everytime the message Interface-plugin could not be found or created. When I try to connect to the server to download the plugin again, I donīt get a certificate. What can I do.

I do not understand this. What plug in? Maybe I should not have moved your thread over to TV board  :). If this is not related to TV, please post on MC12 beta board again. Thanks.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 11:39:38 am »

I solved the problem. I selected the card for my audio source at devices. Lol so easy. Thx for your quickly ;) :) help.

-- Albert Einstein

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:14:02 pm »

Lol. There is another thing.

When I select the wmv codec for recording, all works perfect. But I want to use xvid/divx. newerst versions 1.1.2 and 6.0.4

That doesnīt work. So I start recording, the screen disappears for a second after the recording message...and then the Tv screen comes back and not this frame counting recording thing.

Thx for help. Sry if I nerv you.
-- Albert Einstein

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:26:18 am »

You should be able to record in DivX/XVid. No sure why it did not work, must be something special on your hardware. I was able to record using Xvid yesterday using another TV tuner device.

Try changing the video size and other parameters in your recording profile.

Send me a log file. My email address is yaobing at jriver dot com

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 09:48:16 am »

Ok thx. It always tells me that my space is not enough,... have more than 30 gig.
-- Albert Einstein

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 10:37:01 am »

Did you set the folder in which recordings should go? Make sure it is on the correct drive where you have enough space.

While in the Recording Profile wizard, click Configure button to configure the Xvid/Divx decoder. Maybe there is something there that is causing it.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 01:12:00 pm »

suddenly it works. .... I cleaned up my drive.... installed xvid new...and it works perfect.

Ok ...thx

I love this programm and I also must commend your support. Thx

Sry if my english is too bad. I come from Austria (Mozart, Schubert,etc. and no kangaroos   ;) )
-- Albert Einstein

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 01:48:28 pm »

Sry if my english is too bad. I come from Austria (Mozart, Schubert,etc. and no kangaroos   ;) )

Many of our users are from Australia where there are kangaroos. Yeah, I have heard of Mozart  ;)

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 02:39:17 am »

I too have no audio with my HVR-1300 MCE.  Changing channels doesn't help, and the list of audio sources doesn't include anything that looks like the HVR-1300.  My audio subsystem is a Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA).  The mixer list includes both "HD Audio input" and "HD Audio output" but it isn't clear to me which I should use.  Starting from a virgin setup, I get a long list of possible choices under "Choose Audio Line" when I select "HD Audio output", but an empty list, if I choose "HD Audio input".  Once something has been chosen, the results of changing the selection are quite unpredictable.  Usually the change is not there when I come back, but sometimes it is something completely different.  Picking a new mixer sometimes results in a changed audio line list, sometimes not.  If I change from "HD Audio output" to HD Audio input", I often get a line list which is no longer empty, but looks like a subset of the "HD Audio output" list.  I have tried just about every possible combination.  The result is usually silence, sometimes white noise, which rapidly increases in stages.  Once I got what sounded like the correct sound for the selected channel, but only after I had closed Media Center 12 completely.  Help!
@Yaobing: Which driver are you using for your HVR-1300?  What are the exact names in your mixer and audio line selections?
@anyone: What other tips can you give me?
FSC Scaleo E upgraded w/Intel DH67BLB3 & Core i3 - 2100 3.1 GHz CPU
DigitalDevices DuoFlex CT & Octopus single CI

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 05:38:49 am »

I am having the same problem with no TV audio from Hauppauge HVR-1300 MCE.  I get audio fine from music in JRiver Media Center 12, and I even get TV audio from Win XP MCE.  Did you ever resolve your problem?  If so, what was the answer?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 07:27:30 am »

I have never used this device. You guys need to help me identifying the problem.

First, does this device require a cable to connect from it to the TV card (did you actually need to plug a cable there by hand)?

If the answer is no (which was my impression since thenoob1 asked "DirectSound or WaveOut?"), you should uncheck the checkbox on the "Choose Audio Line" window. You can also do it at Options -> Audio. After unchecking it, try "DirectSound" or "WaveOut" (either should be fine, but just in case something is wrong with one or the other).

If the answer is yes, then check the checkbox and select the device corresponding to the sound card that your cable is connected to. Also select the audio line (usually Line-in).

Additionally, try right-click menu, TV Options -> Devices. At the lower portion of the list are the audio devices. It should correspond to the device you selected above. There is a chance, however, that the names do not match. Try selecting different ones until you get the sound.

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 10:10:58 am »

First, does this device require a cable to connect from it to the TV card (did you actually need to plug a cable there by hand)?
Since I also got no sound with the box unchecked, I assume the answer is yes.  The card is preinstalled by FSC, so I didn't have to connect anything.  I have never openend the box, and don't particularly want to.  Information I have culled from other fora suggests there there is a cable connecting it to the sound card.  The picture of the card on the Hauppauge site shows the connector.
If the answer is no (which was my impression since thenoob1 asked "DirectSound or WaveOut?"), you should uncheck the checkbox on the "Choose Audio Line" window. You can also do it at Options -> Audio. After unchecking it, try "DirectSound" or "WaveOut" (either should be fine, but just in case something is wrong with one or the other).
I don't understand what you're talking about here.  The dialog box I am using is titled "Audio Connection".  It contains a dropdown list titled "Choose Audio Line".  If I uncheck the checkbox "This device requires a cable ..." the two drop down lists "Choose Mixer Device" and "Choose Audio Line" don't function at all.
If the answer is yes, then check the checkbox and select the device corresponding to the sound card that your cable is connected to. Also select the audio line (usually Line-in).
The sound card the cable is connected to is obviously the Realtek HDA.  Which should I select in the drop-dawon list, "Choose Mixer Device": "Realtek Audio Input" or "Realtek Audio output"?
Additionally, try right-click menu, TV Options -> Devices. At the lower portion of the list are the audio devices. It should correspond to the device you selected above. There is a chance, however, that the names do not match. Try selecting different ones until you get the sound.
Unfortunately, I don't understand what you want me to right-click on.  The dialog I described above is reached by clicking on "TV Tuner" in the tree view in the left-hand panel of the standard interface. The right-hand panel then shows a sub-panel on its left-hand edge with a list of available channels.  I reached the audio setup by clicking the lower right-hand button, "Options", and then selecting the tab, "Audio" in the resulting dialog "TV Configuration", .  This would be a lot easier to communicate if the forum provide a way to attach graphics.  IAC, I have attempted all available combinations without acheiving the desired results.  Unfortunately, since the settings I choose are not always there when I return to the dialog, "Audio Connections", I don't really know what MC has actually done.
Thanks for your support, Yaobing!
@thenoob1:  What settings did you use in "Choose Audio Mixer" and "Choose Audio Line" to get your HVR-1300 working?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 11:39:44 am »

Since I also got no sound with the box unchecked, I assume the answer is yes.  The card is preinstalled by FSC, so I didn't have to connect anything.  I have never openend the box, and don't particularly want to.  Information I have culled from other fora suggests there there is a cable connecting it to the sound card.  The picture of the card on the Hauppauge site shows the connector.
OK, then the box should  be checked.

I don't understand what you're talking about here.  The dialog box I am using is titled "Audio Connection".  It contains a dropdown list titled "Choose Audio Line".  If I uncheck the checkbox "This device requires a cable ..." the two drop down lists "Choose Mixer Device" and "Choose Audio Line" don't function at all.
Sorry, I confused myself. Recent changes have eliminated "DirectSound"/"WaveOUt" selection.

The sound card the cable is connected to is obviously the Realtek HDA.  Which should I select in the drop-dawon list, "Choose Mixer Device": "Realtek Audio Input" or "Realtek Audio output"?
I guess "Realtek Audio Input" is more likely, but you should just try either one and find one that works  :)

Unfortunately, I don't understand what you want me to right-click on.  The dialog I described above is reached by clicking on "TV Tuner" in the tree view in the left-hand panel of the standard interface. The right-hand panel then shows a sub-panel on its left-hand edge with a list of available channels.  I reached the audio setup by clicking the lower right-hand button, "Options", and then selecting the tab, "Audio" in the resulting dialog "TV Configuration", .  This would be a lot easier to communicate if the forum provide a way to attach graphics.  IAC, I have attempted all available combinations without acheiving the desired results.  Unfortunately, since the settings I choose are not always there when I return to the dialog, "Audio Connections", I don't really know what MC has actually done.

I understand where you have looked. The right-click that I have referred to was the context menu that is available when TV is playing. Just play a channel, and right-click the video window. You should get a context menu that include the following (among others) submenus:

TV Channels
TV Options
TV Recording

The middle one, "TV Options", has a submenu called "Devices". That has a list of all video capture devices and audio capture devices. The video devices are at the top of the list. Your Hauppauge device should be there and has a check mark. The lower portion of the list should have your audio devices. Your Realtek device should be there. If there are more than one audio device in the list, try choosing them one by one.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 11:46:25 am »

One more clarification. All of what I said was based on assumption that you had trouble with sound when playing analog TV. If you have trouble with digital TV, it should be a different issue.

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 02:06:53 pm »

@Yaobing,
The TV card is a hybrid: analog cable / DVB-T, but I am only using analog cable at present.
In the context menu you mentioned, I found "Hauppauge WinTV 88x Audio Capture", which at least delivers stereo ( I don't yet have a chance to try out SPDIF or multichannel audio).  This option is flagrantly missing from the dialogs which are presented during setup / initial configuration, as well as the dialog I mentioned above (which is the method recommende in online help and FAQs).  Why is the content of the context menu different from the drop-down lists in the Options dialogs?  Why didn't I find this context menu in the FAQs or in the online help?
Many thanks for your support!

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 05:05:38 pm »

For the record, I had to uncheck the "...Requires a cable" box to get this to work.  I am only able to get stereo.  The digital output delivers nothing, and the analog back channel connectors are also mute.
The picture is quite grainy compared to what I am getting from Media Portal, and it seems to be a matter of chance how the picture is zoomed / scaled to fit the screen.  Some are zoomed & scaled to a good screen-filling picture, but many are stretched horizontally, while still leaving black, "letter-box" bands above and below the picture.  Since I have a wide-screen display, this is something I owuld like to avoid. :(
There is also a large discrepancy between the TV volume and the Audio volume, but those are issues for another thread.
Thanks for your help!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 05:36:37 pm »

You can try this for picture quality:

Click Options button to bring up TV Options window.

Choose Advanced Properties tab. Double-click "Video Preview Pin..." if it is in the list. From there you can choose video size as well as format.

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 06:31:50 pm »

I have a 1280 x 768 LCD.  I tried the highest resolution in the list (720 x 576) and got a horrible squiggly green band at the right edge of the display.  720 x 480 fills the screen fairly well, but stiil appears horizontally "stretched" on most channels, still leaves letterbox bars on some channels and still appears grainy.  Motion artifacts appear worse than before.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 10:17:52 am »

On Options -> Display, select "4:3" for aspect ratio, and make sure "Crop Edges" is checked. Does this help?

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 11:59:33 pm »

Try to select Advanced options> Video preview pinboard the resultion of 704 x ?.
-- Albert Einstein

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 10:36:56 am »

@Yaobing,
4:3 with crop edges seems to get rid if the green stuff, but the graininess and motion artifacts are still there.
With 4:3 display selected, how would I get a screen-filling display on my 15:9 screen?
Also I thought that I had gotten audio with the composite input (from my VCR), but now I don't.

@thenoob1,
Thanks for the tip.  If you were referring to the "Properties" dialog of "Video Preview Pin" on the "Advanced Properties" tab of "TV - Options", I can't change the output size (now 720x568) anymore.  Whatever size I try, it just says "... not available".

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 08:06:35 am »

@Yaobing,
4:3 with crop edges seems to get rid if the green stuff, but the graininess and motion artifacts are still there.
With 4:3 display selected, how would I get a screen-filling display on my 15:9 screen?
Also I thought that I had gotten audio with the composite input (from my VCR), but now I don't.
Normally I would use the same aspect ratio as the source video itself, i.e. 4x3 for analog TV, leaving black bars on left and right. If you want to fill the screen and do not mind stretching the video, then use "Stretch".

@thenoob1,
Thanks for the tip.  If you were referring to the "Properties" dialog of "Video Preview Pin" on the "Advanced Properties" tab of "TV - Options", I can't change the output size (now 720x568) anymore.  Whatever size I try, it just says "... not available".

You were able to do it once right? How about "Reset"?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 01:07:24 pm »

For the record, I had to uncheck the "...Requires a cable" box to get this to work.  I am only able to get stereo.  The digital output delivers nothing, and the analog back channel connectors are also mute.

I might be wrong, but I think for analog TV you would not get digital audio. TV devices like this one usually convert TV signal to MPEG-2 Audio or PCM audio.

rsbrux

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 09:38:54 am »

... for analog TV you would not get digital audio...
Analog audio would be fine.  I didn't get *any* audio.  Anyway, my trial period has expired, so I am giving up.
Thanks anyway for all your help!
Regards,
Roger

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 10:07:46 am »

Analog audio would be fine.  I didn't get *any* audio.  Anyway, my trial period has expired, so I am giving up.
Thanks anyway for all your help!
Regards,
Roger

It is unfortunate that in the last few builds a bug was introduced that prevented the audio from been played. My understanding is you did get sound at some point, then lost it again when build 226 came out. It is fixed for an upcoming build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up