INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art: "Inside Files (Only Visible for Single Selections)"  (Read 1438 times)

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Cover Art: "Inside Files (Only Visible for Single Selections)"
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:56:58 pm »

For various reasons I deleted all of my old cover art - and wanted to start from scratch and re-assign. My methodology is to use one folder. My settings are as follows:
Location Rule: In Specific Folder
Path: C:\My Documents\Cover Art
Checking "Store Images in Tags Also"

What's strange is that sometimes when I select an album, and display the "Image" tag, it will display the Cover Art. However, other times I get the following message in the "File Properties":

All of the cover art jpegs were saved the same way - so I'm not sure what's going on?

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art: "Inside Files (Only Visible for Single Selections)"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 04:08:13 am »

MC is confirming that there is a cover art image in each media file for that album, but cannot show all the images at once, i.e.: You have to select one track to view the image.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:44:38 am »

If you don't see the "inside files" message, then the art is not, erm, inside the files.

To make sure all art is saved inside all files, select all files, right click, library tools, update tags from library.

It might take some time to get the job done. Go put the kettle on, or walk the dog, or something :D

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:50:48 am »

Okay, so if I understand correctly, I'll only be able to see the album image if I select single files - and not if I select "Album"? (I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something before I set up the rest of the cover art.)

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 10:24:40 pm »

In this particular instance, the action/display window is just confirming that each file has cover art and as no single file is selected, MC doesn't know which image to show, so you just get the confirmation dialog.

In some cases, files in an album may have different images, so again MC doesn't know which one is the right one to show and just confirms that each file has an image saved in it.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up