INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Issue with iPod  (Read 849 times)

topher2041

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sync Issue with iPod
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:47 am »

I have had this problem with my iPod and syncing to MC in version 11 and still in 12. I am able to sync my iPod without probelms. It is initalized in MC 12 and I do a auto sync and remove what is not in a playlist. I am syncing music, video, photos and podcasts. The biggest problem is after it syncs without errors and everything is on the ipod if you do a resync the photos will come up a to remove and will be listed to readd. This happens everytime. Also after a while MC will tell me that all my podcast are on the iPod but when you go to check it they are not showing up to allow me to play them. This is not just a MC 12 issue it was happening in MC 11.

I have a iPod 5G 30gig with the software/firmware fully updated.

I love MC12 keep up the great work.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sync Issue with iPod
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 04:53:06 am »

I also have minor issues when syncing my iPod 4G (20GB) with MC12 :

- when I click "handheld device" in the action window, MC12 detects two devices, a generic "Apple iPod 4G" (or something close) and my iPod as i named it "iRaf".

- I'm often (almost always...) obliged to sync it several times before MC12 finds no difference between the iPod and the local DB. I have to sync, then re-check sync (MC finds files to sync it had not detected before the first sync) , then sync again, etc., rarely more than two or three times... The differences are generally rating updates.

I never had this problem on MC11, but I didn't use song rating at all. If you want further information, I can do more testing...

Thanks in advance !

Raph

Edit : this screenshot might help...

Pages: [1]   Go Up