INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11-Date modified (save this info into another tag field - how ??)  (Read 2049 times)

efoc

• Recent member

Hi,

I have tested MC11.1.200 for the last 2 days and I am very impressed about this really great program.

..but I cannot find out one thing:

I am recording music from internet radio (shoutcast) with proggis like radioripper for example.  The recording is splitted into seperate mp3s and named automatically. The <date modified> tag field in MC shows me the recording date & time of these files.

After for example rating the files, the <date modified> becomes the actual date & time (now) but I still need the original <date modified> for sorting. (the order needs to be chronological because the first file continues a bit in the beginning of the next song/file. (mixed).  Therefore it is necessary that the files can be played in the same order as recorded.

My question is: Can the original <date modified> (the date & time when the song was recorded) be save in another tag field in the same format ? And if its possible, how ?   

Many thanks in advance for you help
brgds - efoc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC 11-Date modified (save this info into another tag field - how ??)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 03:05:14 am »

You can add two additional default date fields to your views: Date Imported and Date Created.

I have added a custom field which I named as Original Date. It is possible to copy a date field value to a custom field with the "Move/Copy Fields" tool. However, the display will show an integer value instead of a date value in this case. This integer shows the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970 so it is not exactly human readable, but can be used for sorting. One possibility would be to manually add a value like 2006-11-23 to each set of recorded files.

Here is an example (my Windows date format is dd.mm.yyyy 24h):

In general, you could just add track numbers and album names (or some other standard fields) for sorting these recorded files like any other audio albums. MC has a tool that can add track numbers automatically (Fill Track Numbers From List Order).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

efoc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 04:09:01 am »

thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to convert the integer value in your custom filed into a more readable form like a normal date format ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 04:22:37 am »

thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to convert the integer value in your custom filed into a more readable form like a normal date format ?

Unfortunately, that is not possible. Only the standard date fields have this conversion logic. Internally MC uses always this "seconds since January 1st, 1970" system.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up