INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert REC files to MPEG File  (Read 5809 times)

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
Convert REC files to MPEG File
« on: November 24, 2006, 03:51:10 am »

A History, Down loaded from Topfield STB in REC file.
Demuxed with projectX (latest verision) and got Bobby Flynn.m2v (Video file) and and Bobby Flynn.mp2 (audio file) used Nero 7 Vision 4.

After many trys I had to change Size X Y to 720 and 480 (16.9).

Choose output as Mpeg-2

Files plays with nero and other DVD-Video players. Plays only vision and no sound on MC11, MC12 and Media Windows Centre 10.

I then downloades and installed Muspack MPC (778.Zip) 778. Enc_mpc.dll & mppenc.exe.

Still no luck

Has anyone any ideas,

Grant

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mpeg 2 Vidio no sound
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 12:38:42 pm »

I'm not sure that MC can handle separate demuxed audio and video streams.  Why did you demux it?  Most media players (MC and WiMP included) can handle muxed MPEG-2 files fine.  You should just be able to change the file name from .rec (which is a proprietary "VCR" format for I believe ATI's TV application or something similar) to .mpg and it should import and play just fine.  The REC file itself might work as well, but I don't know if that file type is in the list.

If it then doesn't play back in MC or WiMP, you need appropriate filters to split and decode MPEG-2 Program Stream files.  The Combined Community Codec Pack is probably your best bet.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 05:13:33 pm »

Thank fo that

The REC file is the file for digital TV used by a Topfield a Korean company and is (I think) a European format.

I use (demux) it to make DVD's of shows from Digital TV broadcasts. It's legal in Australia now for personal use.

Back to problem. REC does not work and if I change extenion to mpg I get the reverse, audio but no video. I have downloaded Combined Community Codec Pack and will let you know how it goes.

Grant

Bagofrats

• Recent member
  • Always still learning
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:35:48 pm »

Hi, tried Combined Community Codec Pack but still no go.

So I looked again and found a little free program (standalone) MPEG_Streamclip_1.0.1 at http://www.squared5.com/ and it seems to do the job.

A couple of points, make sure you tick the "fix streams with data breaks" in preferences as it  helps to sync both streams. Also you don't need to Replace Quick Time with QuickTime Alternative if yo are going straight from .rec to .mpg. Lastley don't edit the file on the topfield STB as it seems to mess with the sync. Do the editing with an MPEG editor.

Just a thought for all the tens of us that are stuck with .rec files, could you change the name of the thread to "Convert REC files to MPEG File". The first thing I did was to do a search for this and had no hits, it might help some.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 08:49:52 am »

So I looked again and found a little free program (standalone) MPEG_Streamclip_1.0.1 at http://www.squared5.com/ and it seems to do the job.

MPEG Streamclip is teh rox0rs.  ;)

(Seriously though, I love that app.  I only recently discovered they had released it for Windows too -- I've been using the  OSX version for a long time now.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up