INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripped a track with cue sheet - how do I burn back?  (Read 921 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Ripped a track with cue sheet - how do I burn back?
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:43:32 am »

Hiya,
I have a really badly scratched CD so I ripped it with MC as a single file with a cue sheet so I could duplicate the CD and hopefully save it somewhat.

Now I've ripped it though I dont know how to properly burn it in MC?
I right clicked on the cue and sent it to the burner and burnt it but that didn't do it. Not sure exactly what that did really.

Anyway, anyone know the proper way to do it?

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Ripped a track with cue sheet - how do I burn back?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:12:14 am »

MC's cue option does not provide any better audio data than ripping the tracks separately. Also, MC's burner is not designed to burn cue files. A separate burning application like Nero should be able to burn the cue file if you used a compatible compression format or uncompressed wave.

I would recommend ripping separate tracks in secure mode. Use a lossless compression format or wave. MC's burner does not add any gaps on the track boundaries so the resulting CD will play as gaplessly as the original.

MC's error correction system may or may not be able to read the tracks correctly depending on how badly the CD is scratched. You can check the results from the rip log.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up