INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I get disk access from TV, and can I get digital sound for PVR USB2?  (Read 815 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

OK, this could have been two threads, but I have started enough lately with this TV project of mine. I have everything working and automated with Girder, but there's a lot of disk access when I'm watching the TV with my Hauppauge WinPVR USB2. Should there be something going on that needs it?

Also I can't seem to get the TV audio working on the digital output of my Soundblaster Audigy 2. Everything else I play work, but not TV. Is that a known problem?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

raym

• MC Beta Team

....there's a lot of disk access when I'm watching the TV with my Hauppauge WinPVR USB2. Should there be something going on that needs it?

Sounds like you have Timeshifting enabled on TV start. Try switching this off.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

It sounds logical, yes. But it's not on, and I see no setting that will start it when the TV starts in the options. But just to check I right clicked in the window, chose TV Options and Start Time Shifting, and it was wasn't already running.

Oh, the sound was a bad driver installation, I cleared everything and re-installed, and now it works! :)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up