INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request for Portable Audio Players  (Read 811 times)

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Feature Request for Portable Audio Players
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:48:56 am »

Hi there,

I am using MC since Version MJ7 and was always almost happy with it. Fact is that I didn't find a better product so far...;)

Recently I bought a very nice Digital Audio Player which is designed to work only as a MTP-device in connection with the Windows Media Player since Version 10. Unfortunately it is not possible to handle this player within MC12 for the creation of playlists. MC12 can only synchronise audio files to the player. Since this player needs WPL-playlists and MC12 is not able to recognise the player as an external harddisk, there is no way to generate playlists for this player; not even in the old M3U-style (that would already help as there are programs around converting M3Us to WPLs).

The solution to that problem would be to change the behaviour of MC12 similar to the Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer logic, that if a USB-MTP-device is selected to "do nothing" after recognition from WindowsXP, then it will also be available as "portable media device" similar to an external harddisk. Unfortunately within MC12 this is not the case.

There are many other players around having a similar Windows-MTP logic as mine; i.e. they are designed to work with the Windows XP Media Player since Version 10.   

However, I don't think that it would be a great effort to change the behaviour of MC12 as described above. I really hate the idea to use the Windows Media Player to create playlists for my MP3-player.

Is there a chance to solve my problem?

Greetings from Austria, Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up