INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to podacsting quick question please..  (Read 1005 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
New to podacsting quick question please..
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:08:41 am »

is podcasting safe? my server I also use for my business. are podcasts... virus\adaware etc... free? Love to know!! it seems interesting but leary bout using it until i find out the security of it.

Thanks for the help!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: New to podacsting quick question please..
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 09:13:13 am »

Yes.

All a podcast is is a RSS feed which tells your computer automatically when a new media file is available for download.  MC reads these RSS Feeds and, depending on the options for the feed you have set, will automatically download the files when they become available.

The files downloaded are just media files (MP3 or AAC for audio-only podcasts usually; and MP4, AVI, or M4V files for video podcasts), and are as safe as any media file.  As always, just make sure you don't run anything that's an executable (EXE, BAT, VBS, etc).  You shouldn't have a problem with that, especially if the podcasts you use are from a reputable source.  I don't know if MC would even allow a RSS feed to download an executable file type anyway... (If so, it shouldn't.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: New to podacsting quick question please..
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:36:49 pm »

thanks glynor... Time for me to play :) ya know i think i just add you to one of my meesngers. your the one who's on top of answering my questions on the drop of a hat. much appreciated!!!! :) (for those others that do the same...Thanks as Well)  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up