INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration Problem  (Read 886 times)

nila

Registration Problem
« on: September 05, 2002, 12:05:52 am »

Hiya,
I've been living off Demo's for as long as I could as per your suggestion so as to not use up my restores but I finally had to use a restore as this installation has lasted more than a month.
Anyway, I went to the restore page and at first had a lot of problems with entering my e-mail, it wouldn't find it so I was trying all the e-mail accounts I have. None worked.
I finally decided to dig through my old e-mails and try find the registration e-mail and I did. It was one of the ones I had entered except the casing on it was different. Your e-mail check is case sensitive which I think you might want to fix.
Anyway, it then did the restore for me automatically and I tried to right click on the page to choose save as so I could have it saved to my computer as well because I'm hugely paranoid about this whole registration method. Anyway, it wasn't letting me right click to choose save as.
I then pressed ctrl|PLS|n to open a new window so I could try going back in the new window without loosing that current page and when I did that the browser just simply closed.

I want the registration file on my computer in case anything happens in the next 15 days. I dont want to have to waste another restore.
Please advise me as to what I need to do to get the registration file.
Thanks

I dont mean to beat a dead horse but I know the current process nearly put me off fully and I remember at the time it did get rid of 3 or 4 regulars to this forum who stopped coming after you introduced it. It also produced such bad will in one person that he was doing that whole anti-propaganda campaign against you at cnet.
That's just cases I know of, I'm sure there are many more people it put off.

anyway, sorry for being negative.

Please help with my license problem.

Thanks

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Registration Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 05:17:11 am »

Nila,
Thanks for the report.  We'll make a change on the e-mail case sensitivity problem.

The right click problem could have been the browser.  IE?

We will make some small changes to improve the registration process, but it's working for most users.  And it is working very well for us.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Nila

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2002, 04:35:57 am »

Hiya,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this but I've been super busy and this slipped my mind.

Any suggestion as to how I can get myself a registration code to save on my computer?
I know they're valid for 15 days so I'd like to keep it if possible.
I think I remember in the past hearing something about if you go back to the page within 15 days then it wont use up another of my lives so to speak. Is this true because if it is then I'll try just going back to the page.

If not I dont want to use up another life.

Thanks

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 04:50:54 am »

Use IE and take a look at the FAQ on purchase under Jukebox/Purchase above.  It's all there.  You can even change your e-mail address.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up