INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get "All Media" back?  (Read 1193 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
How do I get "All Media" back?
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:09:15 am »

All media... used to exist, no way to get it now? ... or emulate it...?

eg. Want to listen to an opera. I don't care if it audio only or video... and before you say just use the search function or smartlists... I want it to be easy and accessible via Theater View. 

I can appreciate the point on smartlists, but to be perfectly honest, I don't want to have to set up a smartlist for every possible way I may want to select media. On the other hand, I would use them if I could apply a view scheme to them... (eg All Media smartlist, then Genre, etc..)

I'm sure someone out there can tell me how to do this...

Cheers,
C.

[edit]
PS. While we're at it... any way to hide particular smartlists / playlist groups from Theater View?)

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: A really dumb question... (I think)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:45:25 am »

All media... used to exist, no way to get it now? ... or emulate it...?
The basics are in the wiki. Tweak the bits you need to get the view scheme you desire.

I can appreciate the point on smartlists, but to be perfectly honest, I don't want to have to set up a smartlist for every possible way I may want to select media. On the other hand, I would use them if I could apply a view scheme to them... (eg All Media smartlist, then Genre, etc..)
After creating your all media view scheme group, you can then add child view schemes to it, setting those up any way you choose, by default, all media will be included. You can filter the results by entering search criteria into step four of the view scheme editor.

If you specifically want to use a smartlist, then again, by default, a new smartlist should list all media. Click the 'Edit' button in the smartlist header to edit the view scheme to your liking.

-marko.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: A really dumb question... (I think)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:42:06 am »

You beauty! I knew someone would have sorted it...

...gotta remember about that wiki...

Thanks Marko.

Cheers,
C.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: How do I get "All Media" back?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:44:11 am »

ummmm... may have celebrated a little prematurely....

I can get MC to do what I want in Standard view, but won't show it in Theater View ... any ideas? (is ticked in Edit View Scheme)

gappie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 02:53:50 am »

one of the things you could do is make a view scheme under for instance, audio, with the 'honor parent scheme search strings' disabled. that way you can get your videos to show up under audio.

edit: an other way, in your case, would be to include videos in audio. rightclick on audio>edit view scheme. in step 4 ad video to media type.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 03:11:43 am »

'honor parent scheme search strings' disabled

BAH! I really should have seen that! This solves the problem for me Beautifully!

Thanks for that, and feel free to slap me for being so dumb.

Cheers,
C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up