INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art on Archos604wifi....  (Read 1529 times)

SlappyM

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Album Art on Archos604wifi....
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:23 am »

Tried searching, but was unable to find anything that seemed to help.

If I setup the 604 to sync with MC12, it appears to work fine.  However, I have the album art stored in the album folders on the PC, which I assumed would put the art in the album folder on the 604, but it ends up in the 'Images' folder and does not display during playback.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with MC or the Archos or the interaction between the two, but I'd love to be able to get this working without resorting to the 'Drag and Drop' procedure, where I tend to lose track of what's where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Art on Archos604wifi....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:40:58 pm »

This Is From The Companies Web Site Under Support For That Device

Q. I just copied some audio files on my device, and when I play them I cannot see the album art. What’s the problem?

A. In order to enable your device to show album art, you have to insert this on the ID3 Tag of the audio file you’ll play. This can be done by editing the ID3 Tag file using Windows Media Player or any other appropriated third party software. We suggest that you don’t use images bigger than 128x128 pixels in order to guarantee a better compatibility with all Archos devices.

Another solution, is to confirm that the album art is on available in JPEG format on the folder of the album you are listening too.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

SlappyM

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:46:50 pm »

Thanks for the response, King... I'll give this a look tonight when I get home.  I guess I was just expecting MC to move the entire contents of the folders from the PC to a folder on the 604.  I know that simply having the .jpg in the album folder works; currently I've been moving them manually, but on the next sync everything gets moved back to the 'Images' folder.

Touching things with windows media player always makes me a little nervous, as it always seems to cause as many problems as it solves, but I'll check and see if it does the trick.

Thanks again.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 12:52:28 pm »

Thanks for the response

I was Wondering What A "Archos 604 wifi" Was, I think they have More Apple Support Than PC (A Mistake On There Part, And Not Wise).

Not Really A Cure For Your Problem Other Than If You Have The Image Inside The Media File You Should Have No Problem, And It Seems More Of What They Recommend.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 01:40:32 pm »

I think they have More Apple Support Than PC (A Mistake On There Part, And Not Wise).

Nah, they're pretty much a PC house to be honest - they've always primarily supported the PC.

I know that simply having the .jpg in the album folder works; currently I've been moving them manually, but on the next sync everything gets moved back to the 'Images' folder.

Are you sure about this? They've never supported this in the past - I've been involved with the development of the firmware of previous Archos models and they certainly only used to support APIC (cover art stored inside the file)

As far as I know, though, you can't get MC to add the cover art into the MP3s when it syncs to the device anyway, though can you?

I've always chosen to have my cover art stored internally precisely because of my Archos players.

SlappyM

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 01:47:01 pm »

Hey Rob... yeah, it definitely shows album art when stored in the album's folder, that's the way I had it set up before trying to sync with MC12.  I guess I'll start storing the art in the mp3s, I was just hoping to be able to do it the other way as it seems easier to me (in theory, but not in practice, I guess).   :-\

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 02:26:13 pm »

Nah, they're pretty much a PC house to be honest - they've always primarily supported the PC.

I Just Looked At What I Read, They Were Talking About The iTunes Plug-In, And Said They Did Not Have A PC Version Of The Plug-In.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 03:01:05 pm »

It's meant to be a WMDM device, so just automatically supported by WMP under Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up