INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing TV Tuner  (Read 2360 times)

jansbob

Installing TV Tuner
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »

I have a Hauppauge PVR-150. I am installing MC11 for the first time. I cannot get a picture. I have a DirectTV satellite box. My computer is a HP Pavillion.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Installing TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:48:14 pm »

Have you installed Hauppauge's Software (WinTV2000)? And does it work?

Do you get sound?

Try Options -> Display, click Default button for Video Controls.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jansbob

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:30 am »

I have a picture now, but no sound. I have Realtek High Def Audio. I have tried every combination of your choices to no avail. When I right click the TV screen, it tells me that the device is Line in/mic. Yet under Options/Audio, it says my device is High Def Audio. Audio on MP3 playback works fine.

Also, my STB remote will operate the TV, but your controls will not. For example, if I were to enter a channel number, the picture would go off and you have just static looking display. I have scanned for channels and none show up in Available Channels. I can add a channel, but if I make one change from Video Composite, I lose the picture.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:47 am »

For Hauppauge WinTV PVR150, you should uncheck "This device requires a cable to route audio to sound card" checkbox, and select either "DirectSound" or "Wave Out" on Options -> Audio.

Since you use a Satellite box (and the TV tuner would not be able to tune directly to satellite TV signals anyway), there is no point scanning channels. All you need to do is to use one "channel", depending on how you connect from your satellite box. For example your connection maybe through SVideo or Composite, then you should always tune to "Video SVideo" or "Video Composite" on MC TV program. Switching channels should be done with the satellite box.

jansbob

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 12:40:50 pm »

Thanks loads!! Got sound. Got picture. Can change channels using my Harmony 880 but pause, stop, etc buttons won't work. The plugins for remote haven't helped. (they say they can't find a com port). If I could program my Harmony to work all your functions, I am ready to buy. Just one more question. I hate Direct TV's Program Guide. I would like to use my remote to access your program guide.
Or another guide.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:11:59 pm »

Not all remote controls will work.

I myself do not use remote control with the program. Thus I am not the right person to help you.

Basically, you will need two remote controls, one for the satellite box, one for MC, or a universal remote that will do both.

For controlling MC, your best bet is probably IRMAN, or one that is supported with a remote control plug-in. You can try to setup the remote control that comes with Hauppauge PRV 150.
Pages: [1]   Go Up