INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marie Osmond - Performs In Fayettville, NC  (Read 1317 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Marie Osmond - Performs In Fayettville, NC
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:39 am »

The Other Day Marie Osmond Came to Town To Sing, She Also Came To Toy R Us (Where My Wife Works) Marie Osmond Bought Over $2,000 In Toys (Not Sure What She Did With Them). Many Army And Air Force Soldiers\Service Men And Families Showed Up.

Here Is A Clip From The Fayetteville, NC Observer

Osmond’s greeting to fans more than ‘Paper Roses’

By Kate Cantrell
Staff writer

Marie Osmond performs Wednesday at the Crown Theatre. Osmond mixed hits such as ‘Paper Roses’ with her holiday tunes.
It would be hard to say who was the biggest Osmond fan in the house Wednesday night at the Crown Theatre.

Was it the couple who drove from Tennessee to see Marie Osmond’s “Magic of Christmas” show?

Maybe it was Stephanie Brawner, who wrote to Osmond as a child. Brawner arrived four hours early and counted down to the show as though it were New Year’s Eve.

It probably wasn’t George Kerechanin, who never had a Marie Osmond poster pinned to his wall when he was a teen.

“I would never admit to it, anyway,” the 46-year-old said, blushing.

The theater was about half-full of fully devoted fans when the 47-year-old Osmond appeared in a hot pink coat and sleek black skirt. She carried a long pink feather boa — hot pink is the new Christmas red, she said.

“We need a little Christmas, right this very minute,” Osmond sang as six Christmas trees lit up behind her.

“You’re cute,” she playfully told a few men — including those in her horn section. The section included student musicians from Fayetteville State and Methodist universities who were filling in for some missing players.

Between holiday favorites, Osmond performed her biggest hits, including “Paper Roses” and “Meet Me in Montana.”

A screen onstage showed Osmond family pictures and videos. Naturally, plenty of them featured Donny, the older brother who starred in the “Donny & Marie” variety show from 1976 to 1979.

Susan Ferrell, who is 48, used to write to Donny Osmond when she lived in Pakistan as a teen.

Ferrell’s 16-year-old daughter, Stephanie, bought her tickets to the show and kept it secret for two weeks.

“As we drove in, she saw the sign that said Marie Osmond and she started shaking,” Stephanie said.

“I can’t believe I’m here,” Ferrell said. “She’s Donny’s sister. For me, that’s good enough.”

Sherry Davis remembers flipping through pages of “Tiger Beat” to find pictures of the singing siblings.

“I thought I was going to marry (Marie’s) brother at age 9, and now I’m 44,” she said.

Davis, of Fremont, brought her mother, Lorraine White, to the holiday concert. The family lived in Spain back when “Donny & Marie” was on and drove half an hour to the nearest military base to watch it every Friday night.

“We are huge Osmond fans,” Davis said. “Marie was someone I looked up to and still do.”
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up