INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC running in background, won't start  (Read 1201 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
MC running in background, won't start
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:06:52 pm »

I recently, after reinstalling Windows, reinstalled Media Center 11. Program ran fine and I imported my library and changed options. I exited the program and everything seemed fine. When I tried to restart the program later, I clicked the shortcut but nothing happened. When I checked task manager it was listed as a running process (not as an application) If I opened a MC file directly, MC would snap open and run correctly. I have no plugins installed but I do have LCD Smartie running. Any idea why this occurred?

Efjay

• World Citizen
Re: Odd problem
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:53:44 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27585.0

This seemed to be on point. Does this mean that LCD Smartie should be shut down prior to exiting from MC to completely close MC or is this order unimportant?

Would be nice to have support for this in future versions of MC.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Odd problem
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:28:46 pm »

Some 3rd Party Programs Can Keep MC Running Or Running For A Short Time After You Think You Close MC.

Also Sometimes MC Maybe Doing Something And In MC12 That Maybe More True, Like MC Could Be Saving Tag Changes. Maybe Even Saving Changes To The Database.

I Have Also Seen Where MC maybe running in the taskmanager but never show up, it could be a system problem or even just taking longer than normal to load MC, and Or a User attempted to start MC a few times.

So it maybe hard to tell.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up