INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Mobile 5 support  (Read 1189 times)

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Windows Mobile 5 support
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:42:50 pm »

Hi,

I recently installed MC12 on my Vista box and things work pretty well. Now I would like to sync my T-mobile DASH. The device shows up under Drives & Devices but I can not seem to get to the Storage Card.

This is not working for MC11 either. Is this something you are looking to add to MC12.

Cheers

Thomas

SwellGuy

Re: Windows Mobile 5 support
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 05:03:09 pm »

Does the storage card show up as a drive in Explorer?

Another (and much faster) way to sync files to the storage card for your DASH is to take the card out and put it in a card reader. You will have to set the folders to transfer to and the playlist format but once set up the transfers are many times faster than routing through ActiveSync.

sheltem

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 05:28:07 pm »

Does the storage card show up as a drive in Explorer?

Another (and much faster) way to sync files to the storage card for your DASH is to take the card out and put it in a card reader. You will have to set the folders to transfer to and the playlist format but once set up the transfers are many times faster than routing through ActiveSync.

Unfortunately a lot of the times with Windows Mobile smartphones, the storage card is not hot-swappable and is located underneath the battery and SIM card.  My Qtek 8500 (HTC Star Trek) is a WM5 smartphone and the storage card is detected separately from the phone itself.  Perhaps you have overlooked it?

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:10:12 pm »

Yes, the phone shows up in Explorer with two entries "/" and "Storage Card". I do not have Active Sync installed but Vista just shows this phone in explorer when you plug it on. The speed to access the card via USB on my Dash is actually pretty good when I copy files in the explorer.

I assume you have mostly seen Mini-SD cards in phones. Many newer phones come with Micro-SD slots and you need an adapter to put this into a laptop but the the thing is so small that you really don't want to fiddle with it once you have it in your phone.

Please fix...

Cheers

Thomas

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:15:54 am »

Hi,

I recently installed MC12 on my Vista box and things work pretty well. Now I would like to sync my T-mobile DASH. The device shows up under Drives & Devices but I can not seem to get to the Storage Card.

This is not working for MC11 either. Is this something you are looking to add to MC12.

Cheers

Thomas

I have the same problem with Vista and my Motorola Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up