INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD aspect ratio settings  (Read 852 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DVD aspect ratio settings
« on: December 15, 2006, 05:20:28 pm »

Hi,

Are there ways to add your own DVD aspect ratios in MC? I have found that ATI DVD player has the best aspect ratio management features. It allows you to define stretch in all four (left, right, top, bottom) directions. One can also name the custom added DVD aspect ratios.

It would also be nice if MC remembered the aspect ratio used for each DVD. Currently aspect ratio seems to be remembered from one DVD to next. Rather than this, there should be some "automated" way to determine the best aspect ratio for a DVD when it is inserted first time. I would also like easier way to access DVD aspect ratios menu - even by USBUIRT or other remote control plugin.

Thanks,
Osho

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DVD aspect ratio settings
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:09 pm »

Yep, this is the one thing I've always really struggled with in MC, to the point where I don't really tend to use it for DVDs.

To just have some kind of button press to cycle through the aspect ratios (with an onscreen indication) would help enormously, but not having any stretch modes makes it a lot less useful too :-(

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DVD aspect ratio settings
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:20:12 pm »

To just have some kind of button press to cycle through the aspect ratios (with an onscreen indication) would help enormously

I'd vote for that! Changing Aspect Ratio from the Remote would be great for the HT user.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up