INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intelliremote now controls JRiver MC from iPhone/iPod Touch  (Read 8074 times)

Melloware

• World Citizen
Intelliremote now controls JRiver MC from iPhone/iPod Touch
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:55:52 pm »

Intelliremote for iPhone/iPod Touch has been released on the Apple Appstore today.

Intelliremote Client for iPhone/iPod Touch is a native iPhone application that allows you to control your home theatre PC running Windows. Since the iPhone uses a network connection it does not need "line-of-sight" like traditional infrared remotes and you can use it anywhere in or out of your house!

The purpose of this program is simple: to allow complete control of your Home Theatre PC from your iPhone with the touch of a finger. While Apple has provided an iPhone remote for ITunes...what about the rest of us that don't use ITunes?

Do you use VLC or JRiver Media Center to watch videos? Do you use GBPVR, DVBViewer, MediaCenter, XBMC, or SageTV for DVR? Maybe Winamp, MediaMonkey, BSPlayer, or ITunes for music? Control them all from the comfort of your iPhone or iPod Touch!  A custom JRiver Media Center profile is included with the Intelliremote installer.

http://melloware.com/products/intelliphone/
========================
Melloware Inc.
Take Back Control of your PC!
http://www.melloware.com
info@melloware.com
========================

dgilgonzalez

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Intelliremote now controls JRiver MC from iPhone/iPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:25:49 pm »

Can I test the JRiver MC profile with the free Intelliremote version? How?

Thanks

Daniel

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:22:08 pm »

Can I test the JRiver MC profile with the free Intelliremote version? How?

Thanks

Daniel

Absolutely.  when you install Intelliremote it gives you profiles in C:\Docs\USER\AppData\Intelliremote\Extras you will find jrivermc.xml you can load into Intelliremote.  If not you can download it from our Download page in the profiles.zip file found here

http://melloware.com/products/intelliremote/profiles.zip
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:07:43 am »

Intelliremote 1.1 for the iPhone iPod touch hit the AppStore today!

New Features in Version 1.1....

http://melloware.com/products/intelliphone/

- Wireless Keyboard: Full QWERTY keyboard so you can type on your PC like you had a wireless keyboard on your lap by bringing up a virtual keyboard on the device!
- Wireless Mouse: Control the mouse on the PC with your finger. Left, Middle, and Right button click and double tapping the screen will trigger a double-click on the PC!
- Landscape mode for HUGE 64x64 buttons when turned to the side.
- Ability to switch profile right from the device by clicking icon in lower left corner.
- Setting for preventing the device from going to sleep while using Intelliphone
- Button increased from 36x36 to 40x40
- Check for WIFI connection and fail if not found.
- Fail after 3 seconds of not finding TCP connection rather than 30 seconds it waited before.
- Icon blink animation on remote button push to give user visual feedback of button push
- New icons, more iPhone like main logo
- Multiple zones so if you have mutliple PC's running Intelliremote such as Home Theatre (192.168.0.10), Living Room (192.168.0.20), LapTop (192.168.0.30). These zones will be defined as Zone1,Zone2,Zone3,Zone4 in the settings. I hope no one will need more than 4 zones!
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 08:03:54 pm »

Just a heads up... for anyone with an iPhone/iTouch, this app is really worth a try. The wireless keyboard and touchpad alone is fantastic. Really responsive and easy to use.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 07:23:31 am »

Just a heads up... for anyone with an iPhone/iTouch, this app is really worth a try. The wireless keyboard and touchpad alone is fantastic. Really responsive and easy to use.

Thanks for the props raym!!!
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:40:57 am »

I'm having a problem here. I got the trial of Intelliremote installed on my PC, and I downloaded the iPhone app. I've got the two talking to each other. I can control the mouse and type using the iTouch screen. That's pretty sweet.

I loaded the JRiver profile and I can switch to it by pressing the icon on the iTouch. The popup on my PC pops up showing that I've switched to the JRiver profile. But then nothing happens. MC doesn't appear to be responding to any commands. I'm using MC ver 13.0.139.

Did I miss a step somewhere? Does this only work if it's registered?

I see that there's a Rivermote application, but that appears to be a completely different product.

Help? :)

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 11:47:05 am »

I loaded the JRiver profile and I can switch to it by pressing the icon on the iTouch. The popup on my PC pops up showing that I've switched to the JRiver profile. But then nothing happens. MC doesn't appear to be responding to any commands. I'm using MC ver 13.0.139.

Did I miss a step somewhere? Does this only work if it's registered?

Hmmm, first the Rivermote application is completely different and is not related to Intelliremote so you got that correct.

No it does NOT have to be registered to work...it should work the same in trial/shareware mode as it will in the full version so you can test it out.

Intelliremote with the MC profile loaded should be controlling MC if its the foreground window?   MC has to be the window in focus for it to receieve events from Intelliremote.   So you are saying when you press Play in Intelliremote with the MC profile it says "Play"on your iTouch so it knows you pressed play but MC is not playing?
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 12:05:07 pm »

Intelliremote with the MC profile loaded should be controlling MC if its the foreground window?   MC has to be the window in focus for it to receieve events from Intelliremote.

I didn't realize this, but it doesn't make any difference. Whether MC is the foreground window or not doesn't matter. It still isn't responding.

So you are saying when you press Play in Intelliremote with the MC profile it says "Play"on your iTouch so it knows you pressed play but MC is not playing?

Correct. Intelliremote says "Play/Pause" on the bottom so I know I'm hitting the right button. MC doesn't do anything, though. If I bring up the Intelliremote window on the PC and go to the Info tab, I can see that the last command is Play/Pause. So Intelliremote is obviously receiving the commands. They just aren't getting passed to MC for whatever reason.

I just tried it with WMP and that's not working either.

I am running the Windows 7 beta, in case that means anything. It's weird that I can do the mouse and keyboard control stuff, but so far no media players are working.

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 12:10:18 pm »

Do me a favor.  Let's step all the way back.   Open Notepad in Windows.

with Notepad open press the "1" on your remote which should generate a "1" in Notepad typed out.  If it does then we know all the mechanics of Intelliremote are working. 

Now we just need to figure out why the special Media Play/Pause commands are not working.  You said the Play/Pause does not work in Windows Media Player either?  How about start a song playing in WMP and then press the Stop button in Intelliremote.  Maybe its just a problem with Play/Pause?

I have not had a chance to mess with Windows 7 yet, but this should all work as it is basic MS API commands.  Let me know how these tests go!!!
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 12:11:11 pm »

It works great in Windows MCE! Just not in WMP or MC. :P

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:14:09 pm »

Do me a favor.  Let's step all the way back.   Open Notepad in Windows.

with Notepad open press the "1" on your remote which should generate a "1" in Notepad typed out.  If it does then we know all the mechanics of Intelliremote are working. 

This works.

You said the Play/Pause does not work in Windows Media Player either?

Correct.

How about start a song playing in WMP and then press the Stop button in Intelliremote.  Maybe its just a problem with Play/Pause?

This doesn't work either. Neither does the Next button. This all works fine in MCE, though.

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 12:14:33 pm »

It works great in Windows MCE! Just not in WMP or MC. :P

OHHHHH now that is even weirder. So now we know Intelliremote works, it is that MC is not responding to that Play/Pause.   Is there some setting in MC 13 that "enabled global hotkeys" or something?  Maybe MC is not listening to the special MS Play, Pause, Stop media commands by default anymore.

One more thing to try, figure out what the Keyboard combination for Play is in MC like "CTRL+P" or something like that and change the Play/Pause button of the MC profile in Intelliremote to send that keyboard combination instead.

Sorry about this, but I am Positive this all works on my Windows Vista/XP running MC 12 and most media applications like Windows MCE etc.   Something must have changed in the latest MC beta???
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 12:23:11 pm »

I found it.  Look in your MC options under Tool->Options->General->Advanced->Media Key Mode
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 02:18:25 pm »

Yup, that did it! I had to set it to App Commands to get it to work.

Melloware

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »

Yup, that did it! I had to set it to App Commands to get it to work.

OK great!!!  At least we know both you and I are not crazy. :0    Mine was defaulted to "Automatic" whatever that means.
========================
Melloware Inc.
info@melloware.com
========================
Pages: [1]   Go Up