INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.130  (Read 7360 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.130
« on: December 12, 2006, 03:37:39 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

CHANGE: The latest known good build of MC12 will always be on the download page now (just above the download button):
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

1. Fixed: The volume label of a CD wouldn't update in the tree after doing a CD database lookup.
2. Fixed: Doing a CD update from YADB or submit when looking at a view other than the root of the CD drive wouldn't work properly.
3. Changed: Seperated the Recently Imported / Recently Ripped playlist icon from the Scheduler icon. (and changed the playlist icon)
4. Changed: System playlists (like Recently Imported, Top Hits, etc.) sort above user created playlists.
5. Fixed: Logging settings would not always be honored.
6. Changed: Added some new path options to the gallery.
7. New: Will open the gallery once it has been uploaded.
8. Fixed: A CD view's view header could show "0 files" even with a CD inserted.
9. Changed: After editing a CD's information, you will be asked to submit the information back to YADB.
10. Fixed: List checkboxes would look uncentered on Vista.
11. Fixed: In rare cases, files could have a large thumbnail but not a small thumbnail.
12. Optimized: Improved Tag Action Window's load speed in many cases.
13. Changed: The Tag > Image Action Window will still show the internal image when selecting more than one file. (instead of saying "only visible for single selections")
14. Changed: Theater View search keyboard didn't nicely handle going to the backspace button from all logical buttons.
15. Changed: Updated all Theater View skins to work with current Theater View.
16. Fixed: In Thumbnail mode, Theater View wouldn't honor a list's selected color.
17. Changed: [EXISTS] tags removed from Web Gallery Templates.  Replaced with [IF:] tags.
18. NEW: Added a template picker to the Web Gallery Creator.  New templates can be added by creating directories under C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\HTML Gallery.
19. Changed: Media Center no longer requests administrative rights on Vista with UAC enabled. (please report any problems)

12.0.129 (12/08/06)

1. Changed: Video Renderer selection for DX Video Player is now moved to DirectShow Filter Selection window. You can therefore select different video renderer for different file types. "Video Mixing Renderer 7" also becomes one of the possible choices.
2. Fixed: Web Gallery was having issues with gallery of 1.
3. Changed: Web Gallery index and slide files are now .html and not .htm.
4. Fixed: DVB-T channel scanning was not advancing to the next frequencies.
5. Fixed: When showing the "Camera" Action Window, the drop list of choices could be invisible.
6. Fixed: Some duplicate entries in the list of "Other filters" on Filter Selection window are eliminated.
7. NEW: Additional Web Gallery options added.
8. Fixed: Videos with subtypes Music video, TV show, etc. would always require re-syncing on iPods.
9. Fixed: Rotation honored on Web Gallery output.
10. Changed: Several Noire skin updates.

12.0.128 (12/07/06)

1. Fixed: Starting TV by clicking "TV Tuner" tool button did not work.
2. Fixed: Skinning should now be enabled on the Web Gallery Creator.
3. Changed: HTML Gallery renamed Web Gallery.
4. Changed: Web Gallery counts start at 1 instead of 0.  (index and total)
5. Fixed: Seek works on TiVo.

12.0.127 (12/07/06)

1. NEW: New DVB-T digital TV channel scanning method. Australia and UK users please test.
2. Fixed: Cancel acquire camera images not working.
3. Changed: Acquire images from camera now includes 'avi' file types.
4. Fixed: iPod with 'DCIM' folder at the root was mistaken for a camera.
5. Fixed: The TiVo cache was being cleared too aggressively. This caused smartlist with a variable length (like the 100 random songs) to not play.
6. Fixed: Drop down menus would randomly appear way too "skinny".
7. Fixed: HTML gallery creator "remember password" check box state remembered.
8. Fixed: Tab stops on HTML gallery creator should make more sense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 12.0.130
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:01:56 pm »

After changing skin, the action window can end up showing a scrollbar
even though there is plenty enough space for the action window to expand.

Minimizing and restoring the action window resolves the problem.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:39:32 pm »

When starting MC and choosing Theater View MC minimizes to the taskbar. Doubleclicking MC on the taskbar brings MC back on screen again. Same thing happens when choosing Display View when in Theater View (Audio, Images or Video).
A day without laughing is a day without living

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:20:15 pm »

When starting MC and choosing Theater View MC minimizes to the taskbar. Doubleclicking MC on the taskbar brings MC back on screen again. Same thing happens when choosing Display View when in Theater View (Audio, Images or Video).

Not here.  Tried entering Theater View with F11, View --> Theater View, and Control + 4.  All worked as expected.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 05:29:37 pm »

Just a minor thing but lately I'm finding that entering Theater View's Playlist view can take a couple of seconds to load. It's worrying sometimes because the background viz halts when this happens and it looks like it's about to crash - but of course doesn't  ;) Then when the view finally does show, I barely see any of the animation happen as it draws the list (or thumbs). It's like it's not getting time for this.

I'm just wondering if any performace tweaking can happen in this space? I don't have any particularly complex view schemes which could be causing this lag. It happens whenever I enter the view regardless of direction, ie to or from. I don't have any problems with entering any of the other views.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:49:05 pm »

When you use the "Clean File Properties" option, the date field changes from say "1978" to "1/1/1978 12:00."

gappie

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:12 pm »

are you using two monitors? because i know this behaviour for many many builds (and i reported it ones), and it happens when in display settings>fullscreen>monitor is set to the other monitor then mc is running at that moment.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 06:03:59 pm »

are you using two monitors? because i know this behaviour for many many builds (and i reported it ones), and it happens when in display settings>fullscreen>monitor is set to the other monitor then mc is running at that moment.
Yes, I use two monitors with MC on the second one. But till build 12.0.129 I didn't have this behaviour and I just discovered why. Because of some problems I recently had to reinstall MC. By default MC displays full screen on Nearest monitor. Now I have set it to Display #2 as I had it before and the problem is gone.

A day without laughing is a day without living

gappie

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:04:38 am »

small thing also there in previous versions. i can not scroll down to the last track in the secure rip report.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 05:32:54 am »

10. Fixed: List checkboxes would look uncentered on Vista.
19. Changed: Media Center no longer requests administrative rights on Vista with UAC enabled. (please report any problems)

Thanks for this change, functioned so far very well.
I will today test it still more exactly.  :D
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:53 am »

Convert files from ape to flac, MC will still report that the artwork in inside the file rather than in the cover art folder.  (I thought flac cannot store cover art inside the file?)

When using Library Tools > Convert Format, the buttons for Change and for Options both take you to the same place. Can it be changed so that the Change button's purpose it to change the encoding and leads directly to the encoding settings so as to avoid unnecessary steps?
Also, since there is obviusly plenty of room, is it necessary for the Encoder Settings to be buried another level deeper?
. . . the game is rigged

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
"Update library from tags" does not work
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 09:26:20 am »

When I change a "User Library Field" value in the comment e.g. with mp3tag, then click on "Update library from tags" the value is not reflected in the library. The other way round it works.

thx

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: "Update library from tags" does not work
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 09:46:58 am »

When I change a "User Library Field" value in the comment e.g. with mp3tag, then click on "Update library from tags" the value is not reflected in the library. The other way round it works.

If the files are in MP3 format you need to configure Mp3tag to use the ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tag format. I have posted detailed intractions in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34634.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 12:57:59 pm »

My ipod nano 2g doesn't seem to always sync over the songs every time in MC.  Even though MC says it has completed a sync successfully, after I eject it, the same set of songs are there.  If I then re-sync, every transfers over fine.  This  has happened to me several times over the last week.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 09:41:57 am »

The following Translation Bugs still exist:

1. PlayerLib > Dialog > IDD_RENAME_CD_FILES > Rename Folders and Files on CD
Use 'Assorted' for [ARTIST] on multi-artist albums
„Gemischt“ als [Interpret] bei Samplern verwenden

Does not works correctly the String "Assorted" is not translated on the Disk!

2. The Smartlists in the Tree View is not translated.

3. The the following Strings
Unknown Artist
Unbekannter Interpret

Unknown Genre
Unbekanntes Genre

New Album
Neues Album

etc. are not correctly translatable, it appear always unknown without er/es

4. The the following String in the Library Pane is not translatable

(Multiple Artists)
(Mehrere Interpreten)

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 11:43:38 am »

1- Right-click MTU: saved commands should be replaced in order of use such that the last used commands remain and the least-recently-used command is pushed out. This is apparently not the case presently.

2- I am still occaisionally losing my view scheme's column settings. Colums revert to some default selection and order rather than those I have set to show. This time the saved settings remained so I was easily able to restore, however this should not occur.

3- View Schemes are not holding my/their chosen view (Details View, Panes View, Tiles View) and on frequently occaision need to be reset to my preferred configuration.

4- Pasting cover art onto an album will sometimes result in a thumbnail that only shows a narrow vertical strip of the cover image. Removing and re-pasting the cover art will usually correct this.

. . . the game is rigged

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »

My ipod nano 2g doesn't seem to always sync over the songs every time in MC.  Even though MC says it has completed a sync successfully, after I eject it, the same set of songs are there.  If I then re-sync, every transfers over fine.  This  has happened to me several times over the last week.

I hope this gets looked at, as it just happened again.

Thanks
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

SwellGuy

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:29 am »

datdude,

This is not a common complaint - can you tell us more about your iPod, firmware, settings, etc. Thanks.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 08:34:59 am »

I'm still getting freezes or crashes pretty often. I still can't reliably repro any of them and I'd really like to know the best way to help track them down. Should I be sending in the Microsoft crash reports or not? Does that help? What else can I do?

One thing is that cancelling a sync operation will sometimes cause a freeze.

I'm also seeing a problem with syncing that isn't producing a crash. I have the Audio path for my handheld set to "Music\[Album Artist]\[Album]\" but it is copying the audio files to "Music\[Album]\" instead. My guess was it isn't parsing the space in "Album Artist" and therefore just using Album instead. So then I changed it to "Music\[Artist]\[Album]\", but it did the same thing.

Then I restarted MC and it was ok. So, apparently, changing the Option from the sync page and then restarting a sync does not read the new options.

I then went back to try "Album Artist" again and found another problem. When I type the space in the edit box it does weird things. First, it stops editing. Second, it copies the label "Audio Path:" and prepends that string to the path being edited. Kind of hard to describe, but quite weird.

SwellGuy

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 10:28:09 am »

Qythyx,

Wow, that is buggy! Thanks for the post, we'll get right on it.

As far as the freezes we really have little or no use for the MS crash reports. The System Info (from the help menu) and a good recollection of what was going on when the crash occurred are most helpful. Do you know if when you cancelled the sync there was conversion going on? If so, what to what?

Rick

gappie

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 10:55:41 am »

When I type the space in the edit box it does weird things. First, it stops editing. Second, it copies the label "Audio Path:" and prepends that string to the path being edited. Kind of hard to describe, but quite weird.

i saw that also, i tried to get [disc #] in the audio path. but because i own an mp3 player since saterday, i thought that that was part of the deal.  ::)

SwellGuy

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 02:05:03 pm »

Ok, the spacebar bug will be squashed in the next build and the filepath seems to be working fine. Keep in mind the filepath setting only specifies the path for storing the files on the device - it doesn't instruct the device to use [Album Artist] instead of [Artist] in the devices artist listing. However, that might be a nice feature...

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 06:42:21 pm »

Do you know if when you cancelled the sync there was conversion going on? If so, what to what?

There was a conversion going on. I believe it was WMA Lossless to WMA VBR. I should note that I upgraded fropm 129 to 130 and couldn't repro. I'll mention it if I see it again in 130, though.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 07:03:13 am »

When connecting to a media server, if there are new Podcasts MC will pop up an error dialog about not being able to tag the podcast MP3 files.

marrahm

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »

In the advanced rip settings, when I pass my mouse over to the drive tabs, everything in the top left window disappears.  It happens every single time i access that page in .130 regardless of skin.

thanks,
mike

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 03:49:33 pm »

I am using MC 12.0.130 and a Toshiba Gigabeat S 60.  The gigabeat has 26 gigs free.  When I connect my gigabeat, MC says 'working' for around 12 minutes or longer (if at all) before it pulls up the files on the gigabeat.  It appears that even though I set MC to sync manually, my gigabeat says 'updating' and it shouldn't be.

Also, MC will play files directly from an Ipod but won't play songs directly from the gigabeat.
Gitcheye

marrahm

• Recent member
Sound Recorder Option bug
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 08:53:53 pm »

the Recorder settings are not accessible in .130.  if you select Recorder from the left hand menu of the options page in the sounds recorder, it flips back to the main recorder page.  As a result, I can't change the recorder input -- its stuck on line-in.

Thanks,
Mike

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 06:32:30 pm »

Here are a few recent MC freezing incidents. These aren't reliabl reproable, but they have happened multiple times.

1. I was playing music and while doing that tried to import a folder (it only had 2 songs in it) via the extension in Windows Explorer. When I did this MC froze, the current song played until it was done, but then the next song didn't start.

2. I was plying music and tried to edit the tags of an existing track (not one being played or even in the current playlist). I right clicked on it and wan't to go to the Library Tools menu, but MC froze just after showing the context menu. Again, the current playing song completed then the next song didn't start. Note that this also might be related to importing new files as the folder being shown at the time of the freeze contained a track I'd just imported, although it wasn't that one on which I right clicked.

3. Not a freeze, but a question. Is there an easy way to copy all of the tags of one track to another? I somtimes convert a format and want to copy all the tags.

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.130 - Can't Download
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 10:55:45 pm »

This updated cannot be downloaded without an FTP username and password.

marcusaschneider

Re: Media Center 12.0.130 / Multiple CD Ripping Bug
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 01:58:14 am »

Hi,

when trying to rip multiple CDs, the following happens:
1. Select CD Drive No 1, click Rip CD, set / verify options
2. Select CD Drive No 2, click Rip

Ripping starts immediately on the 2nd drive, tracks from 1st drive are ignored.

Non default ripping settings are: rip on the fly / max no of ripping processes = number of available drives (3), secure mode

System info as follows:

Media Center Registered 12.0.130 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Unknown 1856 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1256 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-4550A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-4550A    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: LITE-ON  DVDRW SOHW-1673S   Addr: 6:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Regards, Marcus

Catch 22

• Recent member
  • Living The Dream
Re: MC12.0.130 - Settings for rip and convert are sticking!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 02:02:17 pm »

Hi MC Team,

1. I Have an issue where I set the options 'CD Ripping' to Flac which set OK. I then set 'File Conversion' as mp3. When I ripped a CD it did so as mp3. When I look at the settings Ripping and Conversion are both set as mp3. When I change to flac. Both Rip and Convert are then set for flac. This is OK with MC 11.1.

2. When I ripped a CD I made a minor spelling correction just before. When the ripping finished the dialogue for 'Confirm Submit Changes' appears and MC freezes.

Ciao
Catch22

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2006, 03:08:24 am »

Well I finally made the move up from MC11 as a Christmas Day treat. The install went fine but it took me 2 of my restores to get the program registered despite getting the "info" bar saying that a licence had been successfully installed on 2 occasions.

Took the shine off paying my $20!

Looking forward ot playing with my new toy - esp the part about "improved handheld device support".

micha

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 01:32:57 pm »

Hi,
when I import a lot of media files and start working with some of them while the import is still in progess, Media Center 12.0.130 crashes with a memory protection fault (or something like that...). Happened on two different computers (Windows XP Pro SP2).
When I change the display resolution while I'm in theater view, the screen brecomes corrupted. After leaving theater view and entering it again everything is ok.

Regards,
Michael

P.S.: The program is working very well for a beta, think i will update from Media Center 10 :-). The auto import feature is a big help.

RoadKill

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 09:32:19 pm »

Well I just installed it, playing videos crashes it instantly. Sticking with 11 for now.

I originally bought 9, and have paid for upgrades to 10, then 11. You can understand I'm not so enthused about something to crashes instantly.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 05:14:54 pm »

I found a minor issue with syncing to handhelds. I was syncing a very large track (about 250MB). Just before attempting the sync I'd edited the tags for this track. Because of that edit MC was copying the track to a .XXXXX file with the updated tags. Of course that was happening in the back group and wasn't visible. Anyway, when I attempted the sync MC shows the track as syncing instantly, but then showed it as still in the queue instead of complete. My issue is that it didn't say something like, "This track is being updated so it can't be synced right now. Please wait until it update is complete."

Admittedly this problem would rarely exist for more normal size tracks, since their updates would happen much quicker, but I thought I should mention it.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 03:05:52 pm »

A couple of bugs in 130 (and the second's been around at least since 120):

If I'm in Audio view scheme looking at artists, then double click on an artist to go to that artists albums, then search for something, it goes to the albums view scheme for all artists, however leaves the name of the artist in the breadcrumbs, e.g. Coldplay Albums.

Secondly and slightly more seriously:
Found myself without a mouse a few days ago, and tried to get MC to play something.  No problem I thought - through the File menu, Quick Play, Media Library, Audio, and this is where it got stuck - trying to do this with keyboard seems impossible, the only file it would select was the first in the library.  It was however fine using the mouse and fine going to Video or Pictures with the keyboard.

Happy New Year Everyone :)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 03:20:21 pm »

And a third one that I forgot about:
When converting file formats and sending the original file to the recycling bin, I end up with two copies of most (but not all with no obvious pattern) tracks in the library, both pointing to the same physical file.  They both stay there till I delete one of them.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006, 11:44:34 am »

After a serious MC crash, a program error window popped-up asking if I wanted to send it, however it had no identification to tell what software had initiated it so I declined to submit.
Was this a new MC error reporting feature?

Also, a hard crash in MC will cause file pane views to revert to a default setting and lose my custom column layout.
. . . the game is rigged

Nick-S

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 04:29:23 am »

The follwing strings are not translated anymore:

Action-Window:
"Burn Disc"
"Sync Handheld"

Burning-Options
"Test mode (will not burn to disc)"
"Audio Burning"
"Apply cross-fade and DSP effects"
"Cross-fade and DSP Settings..."
"Drives"
"Redetect"

Options:
"Library & Folders"
"Tree & View"
"Run Media Server on Windows startup"

There are some more, but these are the ones i'm aware of :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up