INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox newsgroup  (Read 791 times)

Polonio

Media Jukebox newsgroup
« on: September 03, 2002, 07:46:53 pm »

I am reading this forum since two weeks ago or so, and it seems very active and interesting to me.

However, the forum has some obvious limitations due it is a web forum.

Many people (as me) read and post to usenet newsgroups using news readers. Did you valorate the convenience of "migrating" this forum into a standart and powerful newsgroup?

You could copy any post posted into the newsgroup to here, and viceversa. This way, the users would write acording his own preferences (or web or newsgruop).

I am not sure I expresed clearly. Hope so.

Regards,

Polonio

gateley

RE:Media Jukebox newsgroup
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 07:54:15 pm »

Hi Polonio,

Yes, I understand what you want to say. But no, we have no plans of doing a newsgroup. Newsgroups, while valuable, seem to be part of the past (I currently read a single newsgroup comp.risks, and that because they say "only use the mailing list if the newsgroup is not available to you", and in the past, my .newsrc was quite long). In addition, this forum is managed by JRiver, and we do not want to give up that ownership. And finally, the effort we'd spend on making a website/newsgroup bridge would take away from the effort we spend on making Media Jukebox better.

Thanks,

j

Polonio

RE:Media Jukebox newsgroup
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 08:35:37 pm »

Newsgroups, while valuable, seem to be part of the past

I absolutely disagree with that. Many times, newsgroups are the best places to look for information.

In addition, this forum is managed by JRiver, and we do not want to give up that ownership.

I thought a newsgroups can be moderated for their creator. I do not know about limitation.

And finally, the effort we'd spend on making a website/newsgroup bridge would take away from the effort we spend on making Media Jukebox better.

Definetively, I prefer you keep improving Jukebox. I'll keep reading this forum. :-)

Thanks for your answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up