INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: CD Rip error alert  (Read 884 times)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: CD Rip error alert
« on: December 13, 2006, 02:52:28 am »

I recently found a couple of dodgy rips, upon reading the JRSecureRip.log sure enough there had been problems.
How about adding a dialog that pops up if the rip is not 100% without re-reads? That would lead you to read the log and sort out any problems instead of finding them when the tracks are played.

Craig

MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: CD Rip error alert
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:25:14 am »

on a similar theme, I thought it might be handy to some form of quality percentage recorded in the library somewhere, at least for the "unreliable data after 16 re-reads" variety....
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36958.msg252322#msg252322

I brought it up back then because I'd just ripped a shedload of cd's and would have found it useful at that time, but as it's not something I do all that often, it's just a minor thing. When ripping one or two discs here and there, which is more normal for me, the log file preview thing that pops up, offering to preview any bad sectors etc. is more than adequate for my needs, so I did not pursue it any further.

-marko.

mlagase

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request: CD Rip error alert
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:21 pm »

I agree with the error log piece as well as I just made a coaster on my machine trying to burn CDs without any type error. I actually left my machine and came back and it looked like everything burnt OK, but the first 5 songs would play, but every other track did not. That was a weird one for me.

I then tried to burn by turning off the direct burn feature and this time it hung up on the 4th song and MC never recovered. I rebooted the machine and tried to burn again, but the same problem occurred again where it got stuck on the 4th song.

I then opened up Nero and then dragged and dropped the playlist directly in and everything burned perfectly.

Not sure what is going on there as I may have to check some of the logs to see why it was failing in the first place, but I wanted to throw that out in case any one else is seeng something similar. Also tried switching direct burn back on again and same hang scenario.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up